3
4 Comments

Investment SCAMS on Angel List (Be careful โ—๏ธ)

Hey guys ๐Ÿ‘‹

I want to share with you some investment scam story that happened to me on Angel List (i.e. www.angel.co). Scammers tried to propose me fake loans if I will pay them $12,000 for opening surety bond and other negotiation was about $2M funds I will provide them stocks / equity of my startups ๐Ÿ˜†

The full story you can read on my personal blog https://danzaitsev.com/how-i-almost-got-scammed-on-angel-list

If you donโ€™t want read too much, you can check the key points on my Medium blog https://medium.com/@dan_zaitsev/investment-scammers-on-angel-list-1bc4170c48bd

Hope it will be useful for someone and be careful โค๏ธ
Dan

  1. 1

    ".."f I will pay them $12,000.."

    Isn't that pretty much the red flag ? I mean why would an investor want you to pay anything first ?

    1. 2

      A lot of investors will require you to pay their legal fees.

    2. 1

      Hi, for the loans its normal when investors or funds are asking for surety bond. And this service isn't cheap.

  2. 1

    This comment was deleted 8 years ago

    1. 1

      Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, perfectly is to be self funded startup / project ๐Ÿ˜Š