6
4 Comments

Open plan offices are pretty bad

Open plan offices are just no good

As we grow our startup, we've been thinking more and more about about office space and how it impacts our productivity. I recently did a bit of research on different office layouts and I confirmed a suspicion - open plan offices aren't great. I put what I found out in a blog post.

  1. 1

    You are right. The so-called "open" work space isn't the best for productivity; it's "open" because it maximize the number of people can fit in a space.

    I came across this video and learnt a lot about the history of office layout design:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgDHifV62WI

  2. 1

    I feel like they are the reason so many people can justify 300 dollar noise cancelling headphones. What’s it worth to have quite when there’s people around you the entire workday?

    1. 1

      Absolutely! I didn't think it made that much of a difference until I tried a pair. Bose must be really happy about it :)