11
8 Comments

May 2018: Freelancer? Seeking freelancer?

Welcome to the May 2018 freelancer / seeking freelancer thread.

For those not familiar, this is patterned after a long-running thread on Hacker News. Think of it like a little classified ads section. It looks like this: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16282820

Tips for posting:

✔️ Lead with SEEKING WORK or SEEKING FREELANCER.
✔️ Let's just assume that everyone is okay with remote work, unless specified otherwise.
✔️ Make sure you have up to date contact information in your post or your IH profile.
✔️ I've never been given too much information about a job or freelancer up front. It's never happened!
✔️ If you successfully find work/hire someone through this thread, post and let us know!

  1. 2

    SEEKING WORK. I'm a ux designer that wants to pay for my side projects by doing product designs. Here's my portfolio: www.dribbble.com/danvineyard

    I can offer you:

    • Product (UX/UI) Designs
    • Prototyping
    • Usability testing
    • Mobile designs, web app designs

    I can do flat rate product designs for other indie hackers.

    email: vine99(at)gmail.com

  2. 2

    SEEKING WORK - Remote of course, but give me a good enough excuse to come to your country and maybe I'll show up! Currently living in Costa Rica.

    I'm a Shopify Expert from Waterloo, Canada (https://experts.shopify.com/patrick-bollenbach).

    This means I...

    • Build and setup e-commerce stores on Shopify

    • Do in-depth theme customization jobs

    • Develop private Shopify applications for features not natively supported by the platform

    I do a lot of work for startup companies in Asia/Australia, but am currently looking to do some more work for agencies in North America that are looking to get into the e-commerce game, or that have some overflow Shopify work.

    Send me an email, we can chat and figure out if I can help you out.

    Portfolio - https://bolle.co

    Email - patrick(at)bolle(dot)co

  3. 1

    SEEKING WORK.

    Hi guys. I'm interested in pitch deck projects (both investor as well as sales decks). My major advantage is design, but I can also help you with content (depends on the project details).

    Portfolio and contact page: https://vasylslobodian.com/portfolio.

  4. 1

    SEEKING WORK. I'm a big data expert, architect and developer. Ready to participate in remote project part-time. Also experienced Android developer.

    I can help you with:

    System architecture design

    Data intensive backend development (Scala, Java)

    Data analysis

    Android application development (Kotlin, Java)

    Let me know if I can be useful for you.

    email: sergey(at)gritsyuk(dot)com

  5. 1

    SEEKING WORK. I'm a PHP developer with 5+ years of experience. Have worked with Drupal/Laravel/WordPress/CakePHP/CodeIgniter and some Angular, TypeScript, Ionic, Objective C.

    I can help you with:

    • Joining your team of devs to work long-term
    • Build MVP of your new product full-stack (frontend, backend, deploy)
    • Maintain/extend your legacy PHP/JS project

    I've built custom CMS using PHP, built & customized modules for Drupal, themes for WordPress and SPA using Laravel/Angular, maintained iOS apps.

    Located in Asia/Kathmandu with GMT+5:45 but open to working in new timezones. Open to relocation.

    Profile: https://www.upwork.com/fl/guptasushil
    Email: desushil(at)gmail.com

  6. 1

    SEEKING WORK - NYC or Remote

    I'm Abi. I have 10+ years building web apps. I studied CS @ Stanford, then founded a startup, PeerCDN, which was acquired by Yahoo. At Yahoo, I re-built what was then the 4th largest video player in the world, from scratch.

    I've been working remotely for clients worldwide including Expo (React Native), Datavisor, Towerview Health, Fathom Health, etc. Tech wise, I have a lot of experience in node.js, React Native, HTML/CSS, JS, Design, Angular, React, etc.

    I prefer to scope out entire projects, and work on a flat-rate basis.

    Contact details in profile, and you can find my current portfolio and more information here: http://lightwavecollective.com

  7. 1

    SEEKING WORK - Houston, TX / Remote / Travel OK

    I am a full-stack web developer writing front-ends with React, Redux & TypeScript and back-ends with Python, Django or Flask, and postgresql, among other things.

    I'm comfortable doing anything from simple maintenance & feature addition to creating an MVP for your project.

    Some technologies I have experience working with:

    Backend => Python, golang, node.js
    Frontend => React, Redux, preact, riot, SASS, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, CoffeeScript, TypeScript
    Storage => postgresql, sqlite, redis
    Cloud & devops => AWS, Docker, dokku
    

    I cut my coding teeth writing compilers in C++ and Scheme, so I'm happy working with pretty much anything.

    Some recent work, for example:

    Built a Trello power-up with Python/flask and vanilla JS
    Built a payment component with React+TypeScript+BlueprintJS for a desktop application
    

    You can check me out further at:

    My website: https://upvalue.io

    My GitHub: https://github.com/ioddly

    If you're interested in working with me, you can contact me at phil@upvalue.io - my phone # is available on my website.

  8. 1

    SEEKING WORK - I'm a product marketer and I've taken two products to market - A boutique furniture brand, an online video editor that is recommended by Buffer to be a must try social media app. Both of them have got to product/market fit and are doing pretty decently.

    If you are testing an MVP or trying to get to product-market fit I could help you

    • Figure out a go-to-market strategy for your product - This involves crafting what to communicate and testing on different acquisition channels (paid and organic) to know which channel would work best for you
    • Set-up the groundwork for marketing - Setting up analytics, figuring what metrics to track and using frameworks such as 'jobs-to-be-done' to understand the users
    • Provide constructive feedback on what works and does not work in terms of product design and UX design

    You can find my profile here - http://sachben.me/
    I try to write regularly on Medium : medium.com/@sachinbenny/

    I'm based out of Houston, Texas. Drop me a mail if you want to work or if you just want to talk about marketing and get a broad overview of things - sachben91[at]gmail.com