5
2 Comments

Show IH: Video of my talk at GitHub conference (about my indie hacker story)

From side project to profitable business on GitHub Marketplace - GitHub Universe 2018

This was my first time speaking at a conference. I was so nervous I only slept two hours the night before. A couple minutes into my talk I realized my speaker notes weren't set up properly. Luckily, I recovered :)

My talk covers the journey from losing my job to starting to build Pull Reminders as a side project, and how I turned it into a business. I talk about how I came up with the idea, landing my first customer, paying my bills with contract work, and the challenges of working alone.

  1. 1

    A cool story, thank you! Watching it now.

  2. 1

    "3 weeks. 45 emails. 67 commits. $20."

    Well done!

    Very informative presentation with valuable experience sharing, thanks for that.