5
9 Comments

First ecommerce venture. How do I improve and/or market this?

I recently started Dvlpr Stash, an online store aimed for developers. I've wanted to do something like this for a long time but I was afraid of failing.

But in November, I decided that I'll take the jump and finally 'get shit done'. I've been building an Instagram account in the same niche since March 2016 and I managed to get it to 15k followers. I did get help from Elon Musk recently (Proof) and I managed to gain 500 followers in an hour. I've tried Facebook Ads for the first time but I think I'm not targeting well.

What would be the best way to market this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

  1. 2

    It's tough to get people out of the Instagram platform.

    I think you should be using Twitter and Facebook as well. A lot of developers hang out there.

    Also check out this subreddit if you haven't already - https://www.reddit.com/r/ProgrammerHumor/

    I run starterstory.com, an "Indie Hackers" for e-commerce businesses. You can find a bunch of interviews that might have some relevant info.

  2. 2

    You can try to advertise on popular forums for developers. I am sure it will work if you have good products.

  3. 2

    Put your designs up on other marketplaces such as Redbubble or Zazzle

  4. 1

    Are you retargeting on Facebook/Instagram? Also, lookalike audiences may be great for you (based on current customers and site visitors).

    What is your marketing bottleneck? (ie the worst metric and the one you need to improve most)

  5. 1

    Hey!

    Congrats on the support from Elon Musk. It's a very cool story. I'd try to leverage that somehow.

    I'd recommend you experimenting with advertising on different platforms and see which one is most lucrative for you. I have a gut feeling that reddit would be good for you.

    Also maybe this would be interesting for you: https://carbonads.net/

    Build landing pages and try to bring them up in different search engines.

    Good luck :)

  6. 5

    This comment was deleted 5 years ago

    1. 3

      Plug competitors into Ahref.com and research their: 1. Backlinks profile 2. Best content (that generates the most traffic) and many more features.

      The link for Ahref.com doesn't work

      But great post! Got some very interesting insights already with just a little bit of digging

        1. 1

          This comment was deleted 5 years ago

      1. 1

        This comment was deleted 5 years ago