December 4, 2018

5 Social Media Marketing Trends That Will Dominate 2019

The world of social media is constantly changing, bringing new trends, ideas, and unspoken rules each year. In most cases, the changes aren’t sudden or unexpected, but rather gradual and relatively predictable - for example, who was really surprised to see Google + shut down?

In this post, I’ll go through the expected social media trends of 2019. Some of them are already here, and growing slowly, but aren’t at full hype just yet. Some are big and booming, and expected to get even bigger in 2019.

Here are the most expected, and truth be told, exciting shifts of note:

https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/5-social-media-marketing-trends-that-will-dominate-2019/543477/

1. 10

How can you call this "exciting"?

I find the tone of the article egregious, and especially this quote:

"As a marketer, I can’t wait for these trends to come into more significant effect, and to change our lives for the better. "

What part of all this has a positive impact on anyone (except for the profit of businesses)?

More Videos riddled with ads, more micro-targeting and manipulation. Ads disguising themselves as genuine content. Soon we won't be able to tell ads apart anymore. Did this person I follow ("micro-influencer") say this because they believe it or because they were paid for it?

You call this exciting?

How do such intrusive practices into your life, with the only motive of generating profit, excite you?

2. 4

"according to some experts...."

This is one of the most meaningless lines ever.

I can find you "experts" that say the earth is flat. I can find you "experts" that say dinosaurs didn't exist. There also "experts" that say the moon landings didn't happen.

3. 3

One of those times I wish that IH had a downvote option for posts.

It's a shame to see IH used as just one more marketing channel for blogspam by people not involved in the indie development community.

4. 1

I found the article interesting ….

And it also let me know that I am on the right track with my video concepts & Social listening platform .

I think some people miss the point of the article , The name of the article says... Social media marketing trends..to me this means where the shift in people's utilization of marketing tools is occurring . Society is changing as well as the social media landscape .

I don't agree with everything I read on IH , but I am here to learn & share...