July 11, 2018

Cryptocurrency? Worth it or a Scam?

Hey guys I personally love the idea of crypto but recently its been going down. What do you guys think? Will the currencies increase in value by the end of the year?

1. 1

I have a friend who recently posted pretty good article re blockchain and related crypto projects. He was around when it started so gave me some good insights: https://louigiverona.com/?page=projects&s=writings&t=qa&a=qa_blockchain

2. 1

Crypto is a joke. Blockchain as people are trying to use it is a joke. Both are technologies, but people are treating them like platforms. Good luck getting mainstream adoption selling people on tech, especially with no tangible foundation.

3. 1

I’m bullish on crypto but it’s a small part of my investment portfolio. I don’t day trade and plan to hold BTC, ETH, and LTC for a long time. Made some smaller gambles on alt coins too.

Blockchain as a technology is amazing though. I really hope it finds its way into mainstream use cases.

4. 1

Those aren't the only options (nor are they mutually exclusive...)

That said, I think they'll probably stay fairly constant. After a big correction like the last few months, growth will be more timid for a while.

Don't forget to revisit this post in 6 months and mock the idiocy of my prediction!

5. 1

Crypto has a lot of drawbacks (hype, new scammers popping up everyday, exchanges getting hacked, used for black market), but the biggest one is crypto currencies are a threat to large governments that enjoy controlling their currency. Does anybody really think the USD is going down easy? That tells you everything you need to know in terms of where crypto currencies are going.

6. 1

Price going down is not necessarily a bad thing. It could mean the market is finally stabilizing and crypto can be used for something else than trading.

I don't think we reached that point yet, but just saying :-).

I wouldn't say it's a scam just yet.

7. 1

I'm personally bullish on crypto, and a lot of that opinion comes from watching Andreas Antonopoulos: https://www.youtube.com/user/aantonop