September 14, 2018

Daily Stand Up (Make Friday Count! Join in!)

Why?

That extra nudge of accountability to achieve even a small step on your IH journey each day.

To join in:

01 Share your epic (a big chunk of work with a meaty objective) you'd like to complete by the end of September.

02 Share what you accomplished yesterday.

03 Share what you plan to accomplish today.

04 Give kudos to at least one of your hacker mates!

05 [Optional] Share your Work In Progress to underscore your accomplishments!

Then tune in the tomorrow to share how you did on your own tasks!

1. 2

Great Post Idea!

1. Oh man, first I just finished my landing page with Google form to try and get some potential feedback last night, So I would like to finish out most of my product why I do some initial posts to try to get folks to fill out that form. It's ambitious but I have a good start.

2. Today I am slogging ahead at my day job, so Haven't gotten anything yet, but last night finished up the landing page and form, so yay!

3. Tomorrow, I will plan on dialing in one feature of my app, and getting email set up so that I can create social media accounts for my side project.

4. One of my favorite Hacker Friends right now, Joshua Fluke, he does resume reviews on Youtube and has his own coaching business. He is a super down to earth guy, and his stuff is great. http://www.grindreel.com/

5. Here is what I have been working on. https://letsfrontend.net I want to make a frontend focus practice site with some other resources for developers.

Cheers!

1. 1

Whoa. Are those CSS illustrations in the background?

Survey completed! (Smiling) Happy to be a beta tester for the code critique!

1. 1

Thank's so much, no I used a free background for now. I really apreciate it.

2. 1

Epics:

By end of September:

• ✓ Users are able to view any first chapter of any author.

• ✓ Users are able to view any author of any teaser.

• ✓ Users are able submit a second chapter for any first chapter.

• Users are able to accept a second chapter for any the first chapter they've written.

• (Stretch Epic) Two users are able to add additional chapters privately.

Yesterday: Wired the ability to accept a submission and convert a submission to chapter 2.

Today: I'm struggling between getting a MVP out the door and building a shitty app. The code is starting to look more and more spaghetti. Before continuing onward, I'm going to take the time to ( 1 ) fix the busted staging app; ( 2 ) rethink the store and how I'm "propping" the page and author views; ( 3 ) refactor the confirmation page. I'll commit to #1 for today. Stretch goal is #3.

Kudos: Pending others joining in!

Work in Progress: https://app.happyendin.gs

1. 2

So, it's been I few days, I took a look and it's a pretty cool side project I really like that it is creative and it works as far as getting a writing prompt. Cool idea and could be fun to create a little story and share it with your friends, so they can comment on it, vote on it, that type of thing. The interface looks good. Only thing I could think would it would be really awesome to see some of the storries, maybe top 3 of the week or something. Keep on keeping on.

1. 1

Thanks for taking a look, but ... (smiling) ... it's a dating app. Haven't yet pimped out the landing page, but this provides the big picture.

(Grinning) Now what do you think?

2. 2

Hey I hear you about the struggles, one of the hardest things about working by yourself in my opinion. Just know you're not alone. Get it shipped then refactor. I'll have to check out the app after hours because of NSFW :) But I will give you some constructive feedback.

1. 2

(Laughing!) I hear you re NSFW. (Although it's not that kinky.)

Any feedback would be much appreciated by this grasshopper!