Votes

FREE Turnkey SaaS framework for Node.js

I've just launched a FREE version of my prototyping product for Node.js!

Now you can build beautiful SaaS applications faster than ever :-)

Run the 30-second install, and you get a full, working application with:

✓ Users & authentication
✓ Customisable UI Kit
✓ Landing Page
✓ Emails

It's perfect for prototyping new ideas or launching a new SaaS product.

Download now, for free: https://usegravity.app

If you need payments, teams and more advanced features, the premium plan (just $99) has everything you need to build a full-blown SaaS business.

Hopefully this helps some fellow IndieHackers 🚀

1. 1

Looks great! For the Node sample code, could you not use async/await to make it significantly shorter and simpler?

1. 1

Done ;-)

2. 1

Thank you, Sean! Yes, I'm going to change that in the next update :-)

2. 1

Great initiative.

Instead of a free version, any chance you would consider making the base portion open source? This would allow me to more easily contribute a feature - I am thinking of DynamoDB instead of MySQL.

1. 1

Open sourcing it is on my mind, but I do have concerns about people then adding in all the premium features and putting me out of business. I'll need to do a lot of research & testing first I think :-)

1. 1

As someone who has studied Open Source Businesses - I think your bigger concern should be people not wanting to contribute. A smaller concern for you will be people wanting to contribute, but not wanting to maintain (fix bugs, etc) their contributions.

And even if they do take your code, it will not be the official gravity codebase.

Open Sourcing will likely mean you will get more inbound links and GitHub stars so that if people search for you they will find your project.

Only large companies deciding to compete with you can be a challenge - but I am not sure if this market is large enough yet for you to worry about it. And if you do, then getting a trademark for Gravity will likely help, but I am not sure if it is even necessary.

I think the most important thing is that you only merge code into your codebase that meets your software's license - which ideally is that the creator is willing to primarily license the code per your open source license and if secondarily willing to give you copyright so that you can change and modify licenses if you learn later that there is a need (I believe most of the open source foundations require these).

Feel free to reach out to me if you want to discuss details.

1. 1

I think his bigger concern is how to charge for what is open to everyone.

1. 1

I don't know if that is a problem. The current model of charging for premium modules and support from the trusted source (i.e. him) seems to be right. Ofcourse, as he gains traction he will have a better understanding of what customers are saying and be able to improve on this.

It is worth mentioning charging either developers or entrepreneurs is hard. So this becomes even harder. I think the best bet is likely the Sails.js model - use the interest to do consulting and keep improving the open source parts.

1. 1

I'm not sure selling to entrepreneurs is hard. Saving X amount of dollars and X weeks of time is a clear value proposition for any savy entrepreneur.

Devs can be a harder sell because they want to build everything themselves and I used to be exactly the same in the past.

Now a days, I definitely don't want to spend weeks building auth/billing code or designing custom UIs for new products. I want to get a new product idea to market as fast as possible with as little cost. Which is why I built Gravity :-)

3. 1

This is a great step to provide a free version!

1. 1

Thank you :-)

4. 1

Hey Kyle - congratulations on launching! I think this is an awesome idea!

Will be trying it out on my next project

1. 1

Thank you! I hope you find it useful for your project :-)

5. 1

Kyle, can’t tell you how psyched I am to see this. My own boilerplate is dated and suffers from terrible visual design. Having this framework with some major pieces I won’t compromise on is potentially a huge timesaver for me. The email templates are a super bonus. The code here is laid out great.

I do need the Stripe integration and will be picking up the $99 package as soon as I can.

1. 1

Thanks, Dave!

I hope you find it useful, let me know how you get on – always keen to hear feedback and keep improving :-)

6. 1

Hey congs on launch!
    Also planning on developing similar product but more in to AI, how has your product been on launching products that come fully automated ? Do you get feelings of killing jobs or you just go ahead and do it?

1. 2

I don't believe I'm killing jobs, I'm making it easier for developers to ship products faster by cutting out the need for writing boilerplate code.

So they can either get to market faster with their own products, or maximise their freelance income by cutting down project dev time.

What is the product you're working on for AI?

1. 1

I am working on a tool that learns from my boilerplate apps I have previously created , create new ones that customers can buy. It's a Saas product. Anyways I believe they'll be more of working MVPS and killing jobs is a ridiculous I think... I'll just proceed anyways

2. 1

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.