September 13, 2018

Let me tell you how I went from 0 to 10.000 email subscribers

Today I hit a huge milestone, 10.000 email subscribers 🎉

The interesting part is that 100 days ago I had 0 email subscribers.

All those 10.000 people are interested in the niche I will build products for.

And I spent $0 to get them.

I'm a content creator in the niche of programming tutorials. I started my journey of growing my list through content marketing, spending zero money to attract people to me.

I am going to make a very detailed (free) email course on how I did, if you are interested. Over a few weeks I will explain you how I did it, starting from the big picture to the little details that made the difference.

(it's an email course because I haven't yet written out everything I want to tell you, yet, just the first email. I'll write you from one to a few times a week as I get my thoughts together)

I'll send you the first email tomorrow, if you are interested!

1. 7

Let me guess... You used the same strategy that you using right now on this post....

1. 2

shhh! don't ruin the surprise!

2. 0

Not sure what strategy I'm using right now on this post, but I would say that's the same. There is just a way to find out :)

2. 2

Signed up :) I think it could be interesting to set up a productized service just on building email lists by the way!

3. 1

The main things I wonder about this are:

1. How do you plan to monetize our emails to the level needed to justify using ConvertKit for this form?

2. What kind of revenue are you doing on Flavioscopes traffic? (Congrats on getting to Alexa 100k!)

A lot of the content seems focused around teaching people to be entrepreneurs, so these are natural questions.

1. 0

A little surprisingly, my blog traffic has little to do with the emails subscribers growth, but the vast majority of them are coming from other sources.

I'm not actively selling anything on the site, nor I have ads or sponsors, so there is 0 revenue coming directly from the blog.

The way I will work toward monetization is to create premium products that my list will like, depending on their interests, so once I know what they want, I will create something they will find useful and worth investing. This is valid for any kind of email list.

1. 1

Thanks for sharing. This give me an idea... I have a premium subscription that currently has great feedback from customers and zero churn but don't get many people to my site.

I'm pretty sure I could offer you an ad or affiliate deal that would both be both risk free for me and pay you a far higher rate than any major ad networks could (like $10-$65 per conversion depending on whether they buy a month or a year).

1. 1

I don't want to sell to my list products of other people, I am sure you'll understand :)

1. 1

I'm afraid I don't understand... unless you feel that you and you alone are capable of creating things of value to the list.

4. 1

Seems a little bit salesy but I am interested. :)