August 10, 2018

Making games can be expensive

1. 2

Doing different things can create a big change in the industry, sometimes we have to innovate other times, try to have as few errors as possible to excel. I want to hear your advance soon. Good Luck

1. 1

Thank you for your reply. I hope people like it.

1. 1

I'm pretty sure, if people can stream your game on Twitch, you can say it's working pretty well.

1. 1

I'm experimenting this process but it seems to be something many people in the field not interested :(

1. 1

Probably the market is not mature yet.

90% of the times (I think), we pay for full game (not included DLC). Fortnite get an boom using the mobile app business model, buys inside the app, not counting the seasons pass that really are things that doesn't make you better, but... the people liked.

Keep it up, adding your idea to the market the experience will be more flexible :D

2. 1

I don’t understand what is the difference between your website and unity assets store for example?

1. 1

The difference is the business model. It mainly focusses on using a subscription model which allows game developers to download assets (x amount of time monthly). I hope to add news content, company list etc...

1. 1

Have sense

2. 1

Here is the point, Why do I need to download it multiple assets, if I only need one for the project I currently working on

I think this business model works on photos, because mostly I will be in need on a lot of photos all the time if I a graphics designer or I work on social media marketing.

But when I build a game ... Why I need so?

1. 1

To make a game, you need more than one asset? There are so many GUI components required to make a game. I'm assuming you're talking about you just need one asset (because you already got the others). If so, you can purchase it instead.

The purpose of the subscription model is for those who generally develop game all the time (as a business). But I put the purchase feature because there are (like yourself) only need a few because of the game project might be small.

There are also places to sell photos (standalone) which are doing fine as well.

However, I would say I might only offer game art and sound on this service than anything else.

1. 1

I think you are right in the aspect of having many GUI components that is required to make the game and you will need them to build the game, but the point here I will need them ones, why should I pay for a subscription for that?

I know you want to make it more sustainable, but I don't see the model for this case, but anyway it is mine point of view, try to validate with real customers

1. 1

Ok, I'm guessing you're talking about there are so many GUI components that are already free and why should you pay for others. If so, why would you use the same components to make a game?

How many games that are published use the GUI components?

I'm 100% sure what you're talking about. Perhaps give me an example.

1. 1

For example, we are working on a card game

What I needed first was a GUI assets that I bought from

Graphicsriver, then I needed multiple things that I bought from unity assets store

All of them were one time payment, the point here why I need a subscription in the first place to get things that I need once

1. 2

Oh, I see what you mean now. Yes, that makes sense. This, of course, is an experiment.