September 13, 2018

Show IH: Time tracker for side projects

Hello everyone. Time management for side projects has always been frustrating. My side projects steal time from my weekend, holiday, and time I should have spent with my family. Now I am trying to limit the time for my side projects.

I built an iPhone app that notify me when I work more than allocated time. Having a strict time constraint forcing me to be creative and efficient.

I would love to hear whatever feedback you all might have (good or bad). Thank you!

https://www.kiamboy.com

1. 4

Congratulations on launching and posting here. The app looks great but I’m just curious as to why you made an iPhone app and not something on the web (maybe a chrome extension)

1. 2

Thank you. Eventually I will build a web app. Now I just need something minimal just to validate the idea.

1. 1

I think a web app would be great. I personally don't like to engage with my phone at all while I work but I know I would find this kind of tool really useful. In any case I need to upgrade iOS to use it.

2. 1

This is beautiful! Nice work.

1. 1

@ryantinker Thank you.

3. 1

This is a neat idea. I try to hold myself to specific time periods for various project, but often find myself going over them. I like the idea of a time tracker that holds you to your estimates.

1. 1

@peterj1994 Thank you.