September 5, 2018

The 117-Day Challenge

Today is September 5th, most of 2018 is already in the past, and it's almost time to go and wake up the Green Day guy.

But there are still 117 days left in the year. That's 100 days + 17 Sundays. That means there's still time to complete a nice little 100-day challenge by the end of the year while taking a day off each week to recharge your batteries. What are you going to work on for 100 days by the end of the year?

Have trouble deciding? Fast-forward to January 1st, 2019 for a few moments, imagine you're writing a "2018 Year in Review" post for your blog or social media account. What would you like to add to your list of accomplishments? If you're anything like me, there are probably dozens of items that you'd like to add to your list, but try to choose one of them and work on it consistently for 100 days; your future self will really appreciate it.

Need some inspiration? Google "100-day challenge" or spend a few minutes (but only a few minutes!) watching 100-day challenge videos on YouTube. You can start a business in 100 days, you can build and ship a product in 100 days, you can finish 5 or 6 books by just reading 10 to 15 pages a day. Just find the thing, and do the work.

I hope you find some motivation in this post, and if you already know what you're going to do with the rest of your year, please share with the rest of us!

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Mark Twain

(cliché, I know, but still very much true!)

1. 2

Thanks for the motivation 💪 Love the green day reference 😉

2. 1

My very slowly growing project is at $350/month passive income now and I want to bring it to (SEA-) ramen-profitability until the end of the year with $1000/mo 💪🙂

3. 1

I'm launching a podcast with my friend, and my goal is to get to 5,000 downloads by then.

I'm also planning on launching some marketing courses for indie hackers on my website --> learn.coreyhaines.co. My goal is to get three courses out and into the world!

4. 1

I hope to get BlueDash fully off the ground by the end of the year. Time flies but I'm hopeful!

5. 1

Awesome post. I really hope this inspires someone to get started!

@Maxi - what are you working on in your 100 day challenge?

1. 2

Thanks, @jianinglai! My wife and I are going to start working on a side project we've been procrastinating on for the better part of the year. We're going to do a little bit of work each day for 100 days. Our goal is to make our first dollar by the end of the year; but even if we don't make a single penny, if we truly do the work, I know we've accomplished something!

What are you working on this year?

1. 2

Good luck man!

You have the right attitude to focus on putting in the effort (ie. working on the project everyday) and not the outcome. You can control effort but not outcome.

I'm working on Tribe of Five (www.tribefive.me). It's like your 100 day challenge + accountability buddies!

By the end of the year, I want to design, build, and test 2-3 more iterations on our product experience. The goal is to significantly improve our engagement rates.

Cheers!

Jonathan

6. 1

Love the quote, thanks!

7. 0

I am the Founder & CEO of SearchTile.com

SearchTile.com is The World’s 1st and Only fully 3-dimensional search engine , powered by IBM Watson - Which will launch on IH September 7th & PH on September 9th .

I will be working my butt off for the next 117 days to make it a success .

SearchTile.com -Sharing the secret 3 Dimensional Architecture of Cyberspace with the World. (TM)

1. 3

If I may ask, how big is your team @SUPERViLLAiN?

PS 3 of the 4 sentences sound like you're making an elevator pitch. Take it easy ;)

1. 0
        1. My name & title

2. My product & the launch date

3.I launch in 2 days...so I think its fair to say that I will be working hard till 2019 to make it a success .

1. Is my Product tagline - Always be pitching .
        1. 1

A CEO is also called a "managing director" in the UK (for the record, I'm not from the UK). I asked what's your team size because I am wondering how many departments or people you are managing as a CEO.

1. 2

Sorry I forgot that part...I manage a team of 10 & we have 5 associates as well .