October 11, 2018

[Thursday Edition] Daily Stand Up!

Why?

That extra nudge of accountability to achieve even a small step on your IH journey each day.

To join in:

01 Share your epic (a big chunk of work with a meaty objective) you'd like to complete by the end of October.

02 Share what you accomplished yesterday.

03 Share what you commit to accomplishing today.

Optional:

04 Comment on at least one fellow hacker's progress and give them a IH Point for their check in.

05 Share your Work In Progress to underscore your accomplishments!

Then tune in the tomorrow to share how you did on your own tasks!

1. 4

EPIC:

By end of October, have early ideas of conversion rate to free trial from first channels.

YESTERDAY:

✓ Fixed invitation forms

✓ Launched test Facebook campaign

✓ Dreamt up, built and released I Needed To Hear That as a bit of a dry run for putting something in the open

TODAY:

• Outreach to some Twitter buddies to ask for their help for launch day, now pencilled in for Tuesday next week

• Choose existing agency clients to pre sign-up ready for launch

KUDOS: @cwinhall for some really interesting ideas of how my accidental project could line up nicely with the main one to create another accidental child project of them both.

WORK IN PROGRESS: https://www.marketmonitor.io

1. 1

Tuesday! So close! What do you suspect will be your most successful conversion channel?

1. 1

Feeling very close now, but I think we're basically there. Just an email/PR piece to write between now and then.

I would expect that our biggest conversions will come from existing contacts through email, but the ones I'm most excited about are the ones that come through cold from social channels and Product Hunt. It's all very unknown, so we're going to cast quite a wide net before getting targeted.

2. 4

EPIC:

By end of October, potential matches can make their own happy ending.

YESTERDAY:

🙌🏾 My pitch to syndicate my blog posts was accepted by the top Medium publication for relationships! 🙌🏾

Couldn't get to my tasks designated for yesterday, as I need to refactor, then migrate my Chat model on the back end.

• ✓ Started refactor for Chat model, route and controller.

• ✓ Finished first draft of first post. (Would love feedback if anyone has time to read!)

TODAY:

• Complete refactor for Chat model, route and controller.

• Refactor logic for how a Chat is created.

KUDOS: Pending others joining in!

WORK IN PROGRESS: https://app.happyendin.gs

1. 2

Congrats on the successful pitch! That's huge

1. 1

Thanks, I'm excited. I haven't done shit in the realm of building a community so this makes for a much needed start!

1. 1

Well that's a damn good start. I'm in same boat, trying to start a simple Slack group of people who like to discuss and be curious about the news and media.

Crazy how code just flows out, but the marketing sort of stuff is so unknown/intimidating (at least for me)!

3. 2

EPIC Finish my UX revamp, get Stripe, auth and boring stuff fully set up, and gather feedback from my first very small, informal beta plus additional convos.

Also participating in sober October - I'll be curious how it affects my side project stuff.

Yesterday Attended an Indie Hackers meetup in Chicago. Had a ton of great conversations, lots of ideas and food for thought to consider.

Today Start to share and get a Slack group going for discussing the news and media. Work on trend graphs.

Work In Progress https://newsbie-staging.herokuapp.com/

1. 1

What are you using for your trend graphs?

1. 1

Pretty awesome React library called Recharts http://recharts.org/en-US/. It uses D3, SVG based vector graphics under the hood, making things super sleek, responsive, etc.

4. 1

This comment was deleted 2 months ago.