June 13, 2018

Web Design and UX Trends You Should Stick to in 2018

1. 1

Mira thanks for sharing your research on UX. I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into it.

I didn’t see any examples from SaaS or information product websites. Most Indie Hackers are building marketing sites to support these types of products.

Most of the sites you shared feel more like sites designed by agencies or designers looking to experiment and push the artistic direction of their craft.

My question is, do you feel these any of these UX trends will lead to increased conversions? Either purchases or sign ups?

1. 2

+1 to this question. Some of the designs, though pretty, seem like they would have a detrimental effect on conversions.

1. 2

Having worked somewhere that converts 2 million times per hour, we dropped all the fancy animations, just ads another layer for something to go wrong, not to mention increased latency-slightly less bad now due to http2-but many less experienced web developers won't make a site with properly optimized assets. It hurts to see what would otherwise be a simple landing page turn into an overengineered monster that takes 10 seconds to render.

1. 1

What’s that? Amazon?