January 2, 2019

What are you working on this month? (January 2019)

Happy New Year, everyone! 🎉

And happy January! With every new month comes a new chance to talk about what you're working on and meet other founders. Here's how you can join the discussion:

1. First, respond to someone else who's commented, just to say hello or leave them some feedback!

2. Next, leave your own comment describing what you're working on (or aspiring to work on), and your biggest goal for January.

That's it! Excited to hear from everyone and see what you're working on!

1. 9

Busy month ahead at Indie Hackers. First, there's a lot more work to do on our new Indie Hackers Stories series. Would love to hear your thoughts on the run so far. 👂🏾

On a larger scale, we've got big changes planned for the social feed here on the site. But I'll let @csallen share his thoughts on that.

1. 6

I would love to see some time focused specifically towards performance ;)

1. 6

Yep, we hear ya. Performance improvements are top priority this month.

1. 1
    2. 2

To be honest, the posts come off a little fluffed up. They read like a dramatic reenactments vs a factual documentary. I'm still following though because there is a lot of potential and I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

1. 1

Good feedback. This was on my radar from the beginning, and I've made a couple recent changes that will hopefully inject some extra rawness and realness into the stories we take live.

1. 1

Sounds great. Really impressed with how you guys continue to experiment with new ways to connect the community

3. 2

This is amazing! IH is now out in front of Product Hunt on a product... at least if one is to believe the PH Stories @rrhoover mentioned on their last podcast! 😝 🎉

4. 2

What is the key metric for you that is driving features like the indie hackers stories and social feed?

It seems like you are pushing more towards a maker / social / influencer community since the last months and measuring content/quality is difficult so I'm genuinely interested what your key metrics is.

1. 1

We've got two north stars as an organization: to inspire everyday people to become entrepreneurs and to help existing entrepreneurs succeed.

You're right about the difficulties here with measurement. I won't go into specifics but I'll say we try to stay flexible with our metrics in order to make sure they continue to serve us rather than the other way around. There's always some balance of ❶ how many people are paying attention to this? ❷ How many people are engaging with this? And ❸ what are people specifically reporting to us WRT impact?

1. 2

Thanks for sharing, and good to understand your north stars and you are pragmatic in your measurement, this is key I think.

As the north stars has a quantitative and qualitative aspects, do you have any specific ways to measure if you are actually reaching the target market (entrepreneurs) that you expect? Or is this a derivative for you so anyone who is interested in IH content is a (inspiring) entrepreneur by default?

1. 1

Inspiration is about as slippery as it gets from a measurement standpoint. But we have a decent handle on how we're doing fostering the development of existing entrepreneurs. We'll look at things like the quantity and quality of conversations on the forum, the number of global meetups taking place on a monthly basis, growth in the number of people on social media calling themselves "indie hackers," etc.

5. 2

They're interesting but not enough to fill a whole email, I love the digest emails as I can skim through to find stuff that interests me, but with the stores I tend to give it 5 seconds to grab me and then delete the email.

1. 1

Gotcha. Yep, the full email stories were more of a launch event than a long-term publishing strategy.

6. 2

Very cool - just followed on IG! I'm consistently amazed by the quality of content you put out into the world.

7. 2

A good quick read and motivating for me when they come in

1. 1

Perfect.

2. 5

Last month I spent a lot of time working on applander.io and getting some product feedback, this month I'm taking a bit of a pivot from the development side of things now that it's up and running.

Inspired by some great people sharing lots of content out there for free, I'm working on creating a guide for how to build a mobile app, from coming up with the idea, designing & developing, launching and growing.

In all honesty, I'm having a blast writing (which I would never have guessed), but my January goals are:

1. Finish up the guide website (a simple Vue.js site)

2. Create some freebies to share

3. Continue writing articles and sharing them one by one :)

Excited to finally start sharing some stuff! Looking forward to 2019.

1. 1

Cool idea @mikefogg keeping it targeted at the mobile niche! Nice domain too.

We're just starting the process of validating our single-page website builder idea - so very keen to follow along with your progress too.

1. 1

Thanks, @apparchitectsnz! Yeah, very keen on keeping it niche, for now, too many big players out there to try and take on the whole market at once.

Good luck getting it validated! If you need/want any feedback, I'm always here to help. It's a big enough market for everyone to get a slice and like you said, it's great to see what ideas the rest of the community is coming up with to tackle the problem.

1. 1

Great thanks @mikefogg, really appreciate the offer of feedback... will reach out soon :) Likewise if you need any feedback just sing out.

2. 1

You don't happen to have a video or screenshots of the actual site creator do you? I'd want to see what the tool looks like and how I'd interact with it before I sign up to use it.

1. 2

That's great feedback @Trejak, thanks! I've got a few requests for that and it makes complete sense that you'd want to see it in action first. I'll add a video to the homepage to show how it works!

So with that in mind, January Goals (edited):

1. Adding a video to the applander.io homepage :)
  3. 5
    • Rolling out an update for Three.do, which is quite overdue

• Looking for an iOS dev to hire

• Finally getting to translations. A few dozen people volunteered to translate the app — I need to organize all that effort.

1. 2

If you don't mind short feedback: slow down the animations on your landing page. I had to watch the circle 5 times to get an idea of all the options, especially in the second screen. Otherwise, cool idea :)

1. 1

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I know, the landing page is an atrocity — I did it only to have something as a landing page I could link to from e.g. Product Hunt. I put it together quickly from Bootstrap and a few GIFs I had already recorded for the press kit, and I haven’t even updated it yet since the launch in October. Will put more work into that when I have more time.

2. 1

This is seriously cool! Finally something different for task management. By the way your privacy policy link on the landing page is broken, you might want to fix that :)

1. 1

Thanks!

Strange, the link works for me. It’s a generated policy hosted by 3rd party (paid; not super happy with them tho. well, at least I didn't pay for it myself — a friend who wanted to support my project did)

3. 1

whoa three.do looks cool! nice work!

1. 1

Thanks! ^^

4. 5

This month, we're looking to make some serious progress to get closer to product market fit for Tribe of Five (www.tribefive.me). To do that, our goal is to find 5 different influencers to host a 7/21/30 day habit building challenge with their community.

As of today, we're set to launch a 30 day gratitudes challenge with a mental health advocate and a 30 day Haiku challenge with a writer / TED speaker!

We think January will be an important month because everyone is setting New Years resolutions. But the truth is, +90% of people will struggle to consistently follow through on their goals. We believe a big part of that is because most people lack accountability and support. And that's what Tribe of Five is trying to solve.

1. 1

Yep, definitely a big month for you!

2. 1

Good work.

3. 1

Nice, I really loved you idea when you made the post about it for the first time (or was it comment?). Great to see progress since then!

4. 1

Would that guy happen to have the initials of J.A.? And he has (or had, haven’t followed in a while) a large following on Quora?

I’m super interested in your progress, I’m definitely going to be following.

5. 1

Great plan @jianinglai! And I think leveraging the "new year's resolution mindset" is a great plan. How are you planning to identify the influencers?

I think beside the 5 influencers you could work on a word-of-mouth strategy, where you ask people who are publicly talking about mental health in the tech world to share their stories using a specific hashtag for your campaign or even taking part in the challenge.

One person could be Ryan Holiday who wrote this piece https://medium.com/s/story/how-to-recover-when-the-world-breaks-you-94a423b7586d

Paul Smith is also another person who talks a lot about depression and founders'life https://sanctus.io/paul-smith-s-story-there-s-no-cure-for-depression-but-there-is-relief-88645f6683ed

Hope it is helpful!

5. 4

We're working on launching "Get Feedback by Draftss.com" in a week's time where founders can request for constructive UI/UX feedback for their landing page.

Here's the link to the MVP of the product landing page: http://draftss.com/feedback.html

1. 2

Hey @JunaidBhai,

Your landing page design looks really neat!

Do you mind telling who was the designer or if you hired a design agency.

6. 4

Spent the holidays adding a couple more features to Pull Reminders such as notifications for merge conflicts and failed CI runs.

I'm now heads-down working on launching Dev Insights.

7. 4

Next to working on my main products:

Working on the most requested features as listed on the homepage (GDPR, Payment, Email Drip)

Deeper integration with Stripe and more budgeting tools for businesses.

1. 1

Quick feedback on Startup Costs. It includes Atom and Jetbrains as dev tools, but is missing VS Code, which is more popular than both combined!

2. 1

Did you consider having Sjabloon open source and free, so you can get as many people as you can using it? And you'd monetize by being the first choice for a consultant. For example, Automatic has this approach with Wordpress.

1. 1

No, I run products only. Considering a very slimmed-down version though as OSS.

3. 1

Hi eelco, Startup Costs looks really nice. Here in Latinamerica none of the countries have support from Stripe, is working with another platform (e.g: paypal, bluesnap, etc) in your plans?

1. 1

Such a pain, isn't?! ☹️

I'm following the products directory's payments order. As this is in alignment with current users (close to 400 now). Have never heard of Bluesnap—is that commonly used in Latin America?

1. 1

Yep, it is a pain! I can't assure you which are the common/popular platforms in Latin america for payments, I see most people use the traditional Visa/Mastercard payments on their websites, very very few people uses paypal on their sites and I haven't seen Bluesnap. Was giving that name because when I was doing my research it came accross.

8. 3

Hi Guys! It's my first post here, I hope this will be a good beginning :)

What I'm working on right now is finishing JavaScript course, that I learn from. I spent the last year trying to get into building my first product, but I quickly noticed that I lack fundamental development skills. I could've outsourced some of the work (this is what I do professionally, to some extent) but I have this inner need of creating something with my own hands.

It's usually quite easy to get going and be inspired, but I think many will agree with me, that the hardest part is the persistence. This is what I work on right now – creating a habit of learning, researching and spending time on all of that after-hours.

I plan to finish JavaScript course this month and start with some simple web tool, that will be used within my studio's projects.

For the majority of my professional carrier I've been giving feedback to the work that was provided for me, so now it will be a huge game changer (and getting out of comfort zone) to be on the other side, and when receiving a feedback to my work from other people.

Happy New Year to all of you! Good luck with your projects!

1. 1

Hope you do finish and get to create 🤙

9. 3

Hi! Happy New Year everybody! @janos and I have recently released a new feature for our project NewReleases. Now you can automate your infrastructure using Webhooks with NewReleases. Instead of just getting email and Slack notifications, you can get notifications about the new software version releases directly to your internal messaging app. I'm currently working on promoting that!

10. 3

Launching my first landing page! Got it out the door today, going to email my transportation advocacy contact list tomorrow:

http://wedemandbetter.herokuapp.com/

Quit my job a few months ago and running out of runway, so I'll also be focusing this month on getting some freelance work going.

Also look forward to stepping out of the shadows and contributing more to this community as I build.

1. 2

This is a great idea!

I'd recommend fine-tuning the message a bit because it's not clear at the start what this website addresses. The word "issue" is very generic. For example, as a software developer, the word "issue" brings to mind software bugs first, not public policy issues.

For example, the main heading could be "Tools to help you run urban policy problem-reporting campaigns". The subhead could read "Collect and map citizen reports more easily. Engage your community with a crowdsourced map. Compel local leaders to act!"

1. 1

Great feedback @hostedmetrics! I was trying to make it succinct and catchy, but communicating the primary audience is priority.

11. 3

Working on marketing sitebot.ai and talking with people. I'm having difficulty converting users after their free trial ends so I need to sort that out.

1. 1

I loved receiving your email yesterday. The one which informed me to update the page's copyright to 2019.

Co-incidentally, I'm working on updating the whole landing page and missed that little part there.

1. 1

I'm glad you liked it!

12. 3

The biggest thing I'm working on right now for Polar (https://getpolarized.io/) is growth and finding our first solid customer acquisition channel. I think right now SEO + maybe shipping an Anki plugin which is featured in the community app section might help net a solid stream of users.

My day job is a different story. Datastreamer (http://www.datastreamer.io/) is a petabyte-scale social media contents search engine. We're pivoting a bit to focus on social media analysis around security applications - mostly election interference and media manipulation. The customers here are serious about their data and have high requirements which means they really need a product like Datastreamer. The challenge I have here is that many of the customers don't exactly have websites (NATO) so we can't exactly reach out to them. I'm going to have to do a ton of analysis of how to sell to governments and network in the space.

My primary goal I think is going to be to pursue a PR space where I reach out to reporters covering this space and build relationships with them offering my help and hoping it will eventually pay off by having them cite our app in their newspaper/magazine.

13. 3

This month I'm looking to complete the MVP and launch for Magnus Rush (https://magnusrush.com), what I hope will be a killer app for the consumer use case of driving + listening to podcasts, and for the creator use case of monetizing, analytics, and building audience engagement.

1. 2

Something I would use for sure. Also, love all the McElroy references!

1. 1

Haha I'm glad you caught the references. Those guys have given me some of my deepest "moments of delight" over the last couple of years. So when it became time to pick a unique + inspired name, it was an easy one :)

Griffin: "OK, Magnus.. what are you going to do?"

Magnus: "Magnus rushes in!"

...Chaos ensues...

2. 2

That looks great, and I love the website! 😂 I can imagine an optimized experience for in-car podcast listening would have some real demand out there.

1. 1

Thanks for looking. I need to spend some time on the site, it’s super rudimentary and doesn’t say what I want to yet. Great at building things, not so great at landing pages (but I’m reading a lot here about how to do it!)

1. 1

Someone else here recommended https://www.landen.co/ - which I'm absolutely going to use myself.

1. 1

Very nice, thanks!!

2. 1

This comment was deleted 19 days ago.

3. 1

Nice. I can't wait to see the MVP.

14. 2

I'm working on improving the search user interface on my lipstick colour search engine at http://lipcolourmatch.com and tweaking the colour search algorithm to better take into account different finishes like mattes or metallics.

15. 2

I just started an Alchemist Camp Podcast in order to share what I've learned this year and grow the top of my funnel for my screencast memberships. I'm going to put in some extra time to get it off to a fast start.

16. 2

I'm working on HostedMetrics.com, which provides application, infrastructure, and IoT monitoring using the best open-source metrics platforms (InfluxDB, Prometheus, etc.), hosted and fully managed for a hassle-free experience. In January, I'm going to focus on SEO improvements, namely landing page design, backlinks, and content marketing.

1. 1

Hi!

1. I'm intrigued because I used to work with a monitoring solution in my former life. Quick question - what is the key difference between HostedMetrics and others such as Datadog? It would be nice to see a screenshot of your dashboard.

2. I have been working on https://mappandas.com for about one month now. I want to make it easier for people to place drop pins, markers on map and share them with others. Think Imgur but for maps.

1. 1

Plenty of things to talk about. Even rock climbing! Let me know if you want to Skype for a quick chat and discuss metrics, maps, climbing, and more. I don't see any contact info in your profile, but you can reach out to the email address listed in my profile.

The high-level difference between HostedMetrics and Datadog is that one is focused on popular open-source platforms whereas the other is focused on proprietary software. Both aim to provide a smooth turnkey solution.

1. 1

My 2cents - I think you want to say your solution provides "Hosted metrics as a service" or something to that effect . Perhaps niche down your target audience even more. You want to target the indie crowd specifically (or at least in the beginning) because corporate users may not be comfortable sending their app metrics to a 3rd party monitoring due to compliances (internal and external).

Since you target developers and devops perhaps you can speak their language and less marketing-speak. I'm intimately familiar with Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana etc., but I'm not entirely use what I need to do to send my app metrics to you.

I'll drop you an email. Let's chat!

1. 1

Thank you for the suggestions: the landing pages definitely need a lot more work! Internal-vs-external comfort has not come up so far. The monitoring data is abstract enough that most companies don't mind sending it to a third party.

Email me and let's chat!

2. 1

One of my ideas for the future.  😃Good luck!

17. 2

There is a lot of change going on during the next weeks. Many projects going on, so I am only writing about the relevant stuff here.

1. Continuing to build my Dog Training website. Currently it is all about writing down my knowledge about the topic. I don't even know if I will monetize it. I hate intrusive Ads and stuff, so I am looking for subtle ways.

2. Continuing to do software engineering work for clients. Quietly preparing to take this client work to the next level, acquiring more projects, outsourcing the menial tasks and trying to scale it up.

3. Improving the workflows of my online shop. Trying to get it efficient and document everything, so that I can start to

a) scale it up from 10 products to hundreds, maybe thousands

b) outsource/pay someone to do the day to day work of handling orders and stuff.

There are many other things I could and want to work on, but as my time is limited, I have to prioritize.

18. 2

I have completed analysis, feature set, documentation and UI design (50%) of an open source, self-hosted knowledgebase, documentation, tasks and collaboration tool, with a focus on privacy. Think of it like Dropbox Paper with more features, but you can deploy it on-premises.

I will keep everyone posted here!

19. 2

I have two goals for January - one is to release the second version of my site and the other is to sell my first sponsored job post.

20. 2

https://owwly.com

Add login option for all creative people who want to build digital portfolio and promote products to the vast audience.

21. 2

I'm putting the finishing touches on the first paid Kit for DrawKit (check it here https://www.drawkit.io/peach), after some very good advice in this thread here: https://www.indiehackers.com/forum/can-i-get-some-monetisation-feedback-and-ideas-1-on-product-hunt-drawkit-0b09a549c2

The idea is that anyone can construct their own custom, unique illustrations and scenes using 'components' designed to work well together.

Pre-order has been open for a couple of weeks and doing well, and I'll be doing the full launch this weekend.

Let me know if you have any feedback😊

https://www.drawkit.io/peach

1. 1

This is a great idea and the illustrations are eye catching. One thought - maybe make it clear that you do not need any software to use the app. For some odd reason, I kept thinking this was an add-on for one of the designer apps. Hope this helps.

1. 2

Great idea, I’ll add that, thanks for letting me know :) and that’s great to hear you like the idea!

22. 2

I'll be working with new product launchers on ensuring they'll have the best opportunity to provide support and collect feedback on their website.

23. 2

Still working on my side project: a card game called Crypto Cards: playcryptocards.com

It's a simple and fun card game on the topic of cryptocurrencies. Currently, I'm thinking of how to promote it. The most successful promo so far has been sending a free deck to a YouTuber and he made a video about it.

But I'm also looking for other ways of promoting this kind of product. Any ideas? :)

24. 2

I'm officially launching https://frequently.io next Tuesday! (it's 100% functional right now)

It's been in the works for a few months and I'm excited to finally get it out there to a broader audience.

1. 2

i like the way you explain what frequently is and is not :) one suggestion, add a demo page (e.g. an faq for frequently.io)

1. 1

We actually have one on the home page under the button that says "Check out our FAQ" which brings you to faq.frequently.io but I agree we could make this clearer. Any suggestions?

I'd love some feedback if you end up checking out the app.

Thanks!

1. 1

I did not notice the FAQ demo link when I first visited. Thanks for pointing it out. Maybe, just add a link to the top navigation. It is where I was looking for it. One other issue - on the FAQ page, please remember to always add a link back to the app itself.

2. 1

This comment was deleted 18 days ago.

2. 1

Well done Ryan...

3. 1

Congrats!!

4. 1

Awesome ! Congrats!

25. 2

This month I'm looking into possibility of selling Frontloops.io to focus on the project I wished to build for couple of years already. And working on that project, hope I can share it soon :)

26. 2

My first idea seems to be going nowhere in terms of interest at the moment, so I should probably try and get a bit better at sales :).

The other thing that should keep me occupied is an idea I came up with scrolling back through my twitter and facebook posts from last year. I think it's nice to have a place where I can easily look back on stuff I did in the past, but the social aspect gets annoying at times. So the idea is to have the most non-social app/site I can think of: you can put up one post (text and a photo) per day, and only you can see it. No trolls to worry about, no likes, no social pressure, ... just some nice memories.

1. 1

Curious what your first idea is that you need to work on your sales skills for? Send me a note, I might be able to help you develop some of those needed skills (email in profile).

Also that’s a pretty cool idea, no likes no social pressure lol. Love it

27. 2

Have been working on re-launching my old product MSMQ Studio with a new website (https://msmq-studio.com). Now I need to finish up some integrations with Drip for sending newsletter, product update, and onboarding e-mails. Also, the integration with MyCommerce for payments needs to be finished.

28. 2

https://writeinvisible.com - hoping to get this app shipshape :)

1. 1

Nice! this reminds me of Write or Die which I used often in College to get essays done

1. 1

Write or Die is awesome app. I used WriteInvisible to complete my MA, and have created some templates for writing. So hoping to build that out.

2. 1

2. 1

This is a cool concept! Is the idea that you won't be constantly going back to edit?

1. 1

Yes. I like to think of it as being confident enough to edit.

29. 2

It's going to be a BUSY month for Guestboard.co, aiming to do a real launch at the end of the month (PH/HN, press hits, etc.) 🚀

Right now the biggest thing I'm working on is filling in the gaps in our automated emails, so that new signups aren't going stale and slipping through our fingers.

Because our event platform requires a little up-front effort from the user (creating an event, activating widgets, inviting friends), we know that we have to have multiple email touch points to hold their hand at first.

What I'm stoked on: Just wrapped up our Airbnb integration!! (so all event guests can easily see a map view of available airbnbs within a radius of the event). Should go live with the launch.

But of course, always still focused on talking to users. 📝

So if anyones planning a big group event (going to a festival, bachelor party, group camping trip, etc), we'd love to talk.

1. 2

Cool idea Peter - have you considered of "founder on-boarding" e.g. it's something that I think some other early stage businesses have had great success with... effectively a concierege service for your new customers that busts down that initial barrier you mentioned... plus you could get great feedback and conversations going with customers to help refine the product?

I think Groove the helpdesk software did something similar... I'll try and hunt out the post.

1. 1

I haven't really heard of this, thanks for suggesting. We just implemented Zendesk, but I still feel like something is off of where we want to be in terms of communicating with power users. Will check out Groove as well

2. 2

This product has peaked my interest! I've been looking for a way to finally ditch Facebook (I only use the main platform for events). Would this work or be overkill for smaller events as well (like a small birthday party)?

Also, quick bug report: I can't navigate home through the navbar from the blog.

1. 2

Thanks for the bug report, Nick - fixed! :)

That's definitely the angle we're going for– an alternative to Facebook Events (or the fugly Evite). The easiest way we describe it to others is "Slack for events".

While I definitely want you to still give it a whirl, might be overkill for a small birthday party, although one of the event widgets we're currently building is a "lite" event page just for this reason.

1. 1

Great, I'll keep this in mind for another event then!

30. 2

This month we are going to found the enterprise, start working towards the surveys for the niche we are aiming (Textile manufacturing in Gamarra, Lima, Perú) to reveal the pain points.

We are aiming to do Face to Face surveys and surveys linked to Landing Page. This month's goal is to get to know the problems for this vertical niche to start modeling the MVP. Big challenges are coming with this side-project we are working!

1. 1

How are you getting the people to survey? Do you have previous connections in the industry?

1. 1

Hi Hannu, we are going to use two ways:

1. Facebook groups (Gamarra vendors/workers use them on a regular basis. We gonna post there the landing page which redirects to the google survey

2. We are going to visit the Gamarra Emporium (which is a physical place where theres a huge group of people that buys/sells textile product) and leave bussiness cards/physical survey copies.

I only made 1 little project when was 18 years old, so no I dont have any connections in this industry. The market is big (around 24k merchants) and the physical place is very close to me thats why I chose this one.

Thanks for the reply Hannu!

31. 2

Last month had me re-ramp my screencast tutorials site: https://www.programmingtil.com/

This month I'm going to:

1. re-work on the landing page for that

2. update my personal blog layout (https://www.davidwparker.com/)

3. update my portfolio site to include a lot of missing work

4. start into screencasting again (took a year off with new baby)

32. 2

More coding of iOS app

33. 2

This month, I think I'll try my hand at a simple one-time purchase product. I had the idea to try creating extensible "quickstarts" for typical Laravel-based applications (blogs, forums, CMSes, API platforms, function-as-a-service, data integration, etc).

1. 3

I'm a node guy, but super in favor of quickstarts. One of my biggest problems when looking for a starting point is having to deal with a bunch of things I don't like in order to get some other things I really want. Like views written in an obscure or too-fresh paradigm (think handlebars vs pug vs ejs etc ad nauseum). I bet that kind of thing is hard.. picking common denominators!

1. 2

It can be difficult, yeah - which is why I always prefer sticking with the framework defaults. In this case, Laravel bundles Vue out of the box, so that's what I'll use. If it turns out there's more demand for a React frontend, that's just another variation.

1. 1

I think you have a great idea here . I've seen quite a few companies come up with a gitlab+hosting(+optional wordpress) product lately, and stuff like ios starter templates seem big business too (over 1800 templates for sale on code canyon).

I think you're right to focus on framework defaults for starters. The Laravel community seems to gravitate toward the same stuff: vue, tailwind, heroicons,... They may not be your primary target audience, but they're also the ones making the tutorials etc :)

34. 1

The plan is to officially launch https://minimalmaps.io this week and focus on sales / marketing instead of coding for a change. Super excited to finally get it out of the door!

35. 1

Second version of https://sitemapbot.io.

Faster, more reliable with more features.

Rewriting queue and crawler to make it more fault tolerant.

36. 1

Trying to finish my first project and launch it this month devopsengineers.io , its a job aggregator for DevOps, cloud and automation jobs heavily inspired by @levelsio remote.ok

1. 1

Quite interesting idea!

37. 1

Happy January!

Working on my job portal and member login for Frauvis.com.

38. 1

I'm looking to fund a few entrepreneurs with at least $10k in average monthly sales and help them grow their businesses by pairing them with expert marketers.

https://metcalfe.fund

39. 1

Haven’t been very active in the last couple of months, but I'm still on findbetterquestions.com

40. 1

Spent the last 5 months working on a niche fitness app built with react native. I hit my goal of making enough money to pay for the yearly app store fee so now I'm ready to start some new projects in 2019. I'm planning on making 6 projects in the next 6 months. My goal with these projects is to explore technologies and expand my skills. No plans to make money from them.

41. 1

Between work and school I'm going to be continuing the work on the MVP for my productivity web app. Think of the app kind of like Trello, but I'm trying to make it more personal and less team focused. I'm hoping to finish the following features:

• users can add categories (topics) for tasks they want to complete

• users can move tasks and topics around via drag-and-drop

• users can edit their profile information

• users can edit their settings (notifications etc, probably won't get to this point)

42. 1

This month I'll be building out the notification system for https://fab.fitness - reminder emails to help convert members, progress updates depending on what classes you've taken and so on.

Currently I'm building out a worker server to handle Redis queues and other server to split out the email sending.

43. 1

Working on promoting my platform Showject (https://www.showject.com). Finding my target audience.

44. 1

Making a nice onboarding process for GoNevis.com blogging platform

We're implementing a feature that will let bloggers migrate from WordPress and potentially Google+ to GoNevis.

Along the way, Commenting on blogs without registration is being polished too.

There are bunch of other nicer features being worked on for this month, but so far blog migrations is one of the bigger ones.

This month we'll be busy with prototyping the GoNevis Mobile app for android as well.

45. 1

For this month, I am looking to get more users and visits to https://pubgif.com and I am also preparing the launch of https://bluright.com to beta users.

Well, maybe I will start coding an MVP for an other side project too.

46. 1

I‘m working hard on making some finishing touches to playlists.io so I can start with my beta in the next days/next weeks. As a husband, father with a little kid and fulltime job, time for side projects is limited to maybe 1-2 hours every two days.

Gonna be a closed beta with everyone who subscribed with their mail address on playlists.io

Last days I was working on some background tasks like fetching updates on playlists. Need to work on sending mails etc and hopefully launch soon with the beta. Right now http://playlists.io has no ssl certificate, but it’s already set up on DigitalOcean for beta and later on for the launch.

If anyone is interested, you still can put your mail address on http://playlists.io to join the upcoming beta.

Or look here on what I’ve done on the days where I can do some work: https://twitter.com/mecoupz/status/1070088279356141569?s=21

47. 1

Pricing! I'm trying to find the right composition of price and marketing/landing copy for startuplister.com. That, and also trying to get more feedback from my customers in an effort to make sure that I'm making improvements to my product that are delivering value for my customers.

48. 1

I'm working on building a crowdsourced podcast directory. Right now it's an excel sheet but once I feel I have enough data I will turn it into a site.

Feel free to add or make changes here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-hyXg6bEwZW58eM-oaRKgVZN4X_z3R0LDrxdpiyKBl4/edit?usp=sharing

49. 1

I'm continuing work on my social listening tool for brands www.medialisto.com . Got twitter and reddit down. working on adding reports, more analytics and social media platforms :)

50. 1

Been working on an SEO tool

Love to hear some feedback/criticism from the community

You can check it out at outrankio.com

Gonna redesign it soon because I know design looks horrendous.

Looking forward to 2019. (;

1. 2

I really like the landing page. I don't know much about SEO, so the summary of why one needs SEO is definitely useful.

1. 1

Yes, you can check out my new landing page that I have redesigned. It highlights the benefits of SEO and why it is useful for you

http://hipdev.co/n/outrankio/html3/

Thanks for the feedback

2. 2

The landing page looks nice to me but I would like to see your new design as well. The current one is straight to the point. The search is not working for me. Also, remove the "width: 25%" on .p-box class for your pricing page. The Q&A section is really nice as well as your footer.

1. 1

Sure, here's the new design.

http://hipdev.co/n/outrankio/html3/

Thanks for the feedback! I am trying to fix the search portion

Would you be interested in using something like this?

1. 1

Great design!! Yes, I would definitely use something like this but my focus is on finding product-market fit. In the meantime, I'll follow your progress. Looks great!

1. 1

Thank you very much!

2. 1

3. 1

51. 1

I'm working on http://sirix.io, which does efficient snapshotting of your data through a novel versioning algorithm called sliding snapshot as well as allowing sophisticated time travel queries.

It is a temporal storage system and allows answering of questions such as what charge has been received at a given day / point in time, what did the database belief that the address of company xyz was at a given point in time (maybe it wasn't right in the CRM for some time). How did product xyz change between a certain time range regarding prices or whatever. I claim that storing only current valid data is not enough and that the state-of-the-art of keeping the history is not enough. Any revision must be reconstructable within O(n), where n is the number of records in the revision to reconstruct.

52. 1

I'm new to the site, found it recently and I'm planning on absorbing all I can to improve my own startup, https://PlusTou.com. A social networking platform aimed at connecting introverts based on common interests. I have a basic MVP so I'm looking to drum up testers. The point is to bring introverts out to share an event one on one.

So far I've read some really great posts that are encouraging. Gained a lot of insights on MVPs, that I'm hoping to try soon. I'm not a coder though I am learning as I go. Bootstrapping it. This year it is all about testing and seeing what works. Slow and steady...

So happy to be among you all.

53. 1

I am launching Cloudpress to beta users this month. Hope to get good feedback on how actual users are using the product.

1. 1

Nice idea and landing page.

Good luck :)

54. 1

Been working on an app for the auto sales industry - refer8.com. I’m 2 months in and realistically about 85% done before I can open for Beta. Need to build a list so the landing page went up today (no seo tags yet) and will be posting to Facebook groups, Reddit etc to get emails for a waitlist.

1. 1

@ptoner - one bit of feedback from fresh eyes... I think when you visit the site it's not immediately obvious that the target market is auto sales... it could be more powerful by combining that and your USP?

Good simple site name to remember, type and spell.. plus you got the .com.

1. 1

Thanks very much for the input @Mike

55. 1

I'm working on a native macOS password manager for people who hate the cloud

1. 1

How would the data be backed up?

1. 1

It wouldn't! It would live on your mac and eventually your iphone too.

56. 1

My project is called Callmigo. Basicly a virtual PBX for small teams using only mobile phones or existing lines.

"Grab a phone number and instantly turn your mobile into your business phone"

http://www.callmigo.com

This month I need to quickly implement reaccuring payments since my basic MVP is built.

I am thinking of using a service like Chargebee to do this quickly.

1. 1

Cool name :) was the domain available, or did you have to buy it from someone?

1. 1

Thanks, actually it was open. My girlfriend is amazing at word play and I have been able to grab up a few domains using her special talents. Pretty much the only way I am finding domains. Haha

57. 1

Shipping more logos for Bootsrap Logos

And writing more articles for my personal website

1. 1

Hey, cool logos :) How did you come up with a price for a logo? Did you try out different prices?

1. 1

Thanks! I came up with the price through trial and error. I started out at a much higher price point and only one person could buy a logo. That didn't work well. Then I lowered the price and made them stock logos, with the option to buy it at a high enough price to remove it from the store so no one else can purchase that particular logo. I have tested out about 4 different price points. This iteration is the one that worked best of customers and for me.

1. 1

Cool - I usually do the opposite approach. I start with a low price just to see if anyone will bite and if my marketing works okay. And then I gradually increase the price until I hit the wall. :)

2. 1

58. 1

59. 2

60. 1

61. 1

This comment was deleted 19 days ago.