July 11, 2018

Why Makers Write

1. 3

Nice article Corey! I whole heartedly agree that makers should consistently write. Just checked out Blurt too - love the feature to prevent self-editing. I am guilty of doing this all the time...

Tangentially, my project (www.tribefive.me for reference) is trying to help entrepreneurs write more too. We're tackling it from the accountability side but our goals are similar: get people to develop better writing habits so they can help their business thrive and grow!

In the near future, I plan to offer a list of writing resources for Tribe of Five members who sign up for the 30 day writing challenge. Let me know if it'd be okay to list Blurt?!

Cheers,

Jonathan

1. 2

Thanks Jonathan! πŸ™Œ

Just checked out Blurt too - love the feature to prevent self-editing. I am guilty of doing this all the time...

Yes. Sometimes I just need blurt out my thoughts so I can capture them before I worrying about editing. :)

In the near future, I plan to offer a list of writing resources for Tribe of Five members who sign up for the 30 day writing challenge. Let me know if it'd be okay to list Blurt?!

Please do! Currently offering a 15-day free trial but may be able to offer a larger discount for your members. Let me know!

1. 1

I'm not sure it's worth your while right now since Tribe of Five just launched!

But once it grows a little bit, then we should talk. I don't see your email posted but send me a note at jonathan@tribefive.me so we can connect!

2. 2

Well written Corey :)

1. 1

πŸ‘ŠπŸ’₯

3. 1

I'm so terrible at writing though. And I know it'd be great for the content marketing but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm almost about to hire some people to do some writing for me.

1. 1

Seth Godin has a really good article about this dilemma called Talker's Block.

I just recently added daily writing goals to Blurt to help develop the habit. Try committing to just 500 words a day. It's helpful even if you don't intend to share it. And with Blurt's blur mode and timed or word count sessions, it you can develop that habit. :)