A few, quick reminders via Jordan Peterson:
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back
- Treat yourself like you are someone you are responsible for helping
- Make friends with people who want the best for you
- Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world
- Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
- Tell the truth — or, at least, don't lie
- Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don't
- Be precise in your speech
- Do not bother children when they are skate-boarding
- Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street
A good reminder via a friend last night!
Let's meditate on these things, especially in these really hard times. #11 makes me laugh quite a bit, especially since I have a few skateboarders in my house!