A breakdown of how I designed and animated the Newsletter OS logo for today's product hunt launch.
• Your logo represents the story behind your brand
• Newsletter OS = Framework to build your own newsletter.
• Strong brand = Solid Foundation
• Solid Foundation = Clear Message/Story
• Metaphors are universal
• They're understood in every language
• Twitter's logo = Bird + Chat Bubble
• Test your ideas with emojis
• Too many elements = Confusion
• Fewer elements = Clear Silhouette
• Clear Silhouette = Understood by everyone
• Edit till it's simple enough for a child to draw
• Someone has already thought of your design (idea)
• Grab a free icon, analyze it, and remix it
• Personalize it to tell your story
• Start here: https://thenounproject.com (Icons below are from the noun project)
• Animation enhances your story
• What was the purpose of the Newsletter OS animation?
• Setup: Envelope opening = Greeting guests
• Reveal: Come in, mi casa is your casa
• Animation = conversation with the viewer
Lastly, here's the final logo. If you've enjoyed this and would like to see the final animation, please show some love to the original thread on Twitter
Start designing and tag me. I'm here to help!
Need help with your logo or product hunt launch? Reply to this post or send me an email.