This brief post was inspired by @justjack, who asked me in one of the milestones for https://startupbuilder.mba how I plan to grow to 1 sale/day. I thought it maybe gives ideas to somebody else
Here the post: https://www.indiehackers.com/product/lincs/0-sales--MLOcTYf5EqHXrtapCFa
After validating the and reaching 550$ in sales before the launch, here are roughly the things I plan to execute:
- Finish the product for the launch on November 18th. Full focus on early-customer customer satisfaction to push the WOM and social proof.
- Gather feedback to adjust value prop, optimize landing for conversions with the feedback.
- Work on product improvements (there is a roadmap) 20% of the time.
- 80% marketing / sales:
High-level marketing funnel:
- Leverage SEO with blog articles.
- Continue with the live streams I do every two weeks via GrowthSeeker.io. Integrate the brand and live stream with startupbuilder.mba
- Press Release and product launch on different mediums when ready and enough audience.
- Push in Social Networks, mainly Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Integrate the free resources of growthseeker.io in the startup builder page.
- Create an assessment calculator (lead gen)
- Give away a free template to generate leads—marketing funnel (newsletter) with tips, roadmap updates, and others.
- Success cases/stories of real customer in page + newsletter.
- Limited-time promotions.
High-level Acquisition channels:
- WOM. I hope the community I'm building around the product works to boost the WOM. NPS / customer satisfaction and social network presence should play a role in the WOM.
- Referral program to incentivate WOM.
- Contribute more to communities like IH helping others with validation and decision-making problems to spread the brand.
- Partner with Universities and Incubators as a channel for their students/founders (channel).
- Partner with communities to offer an exclusive deal for their users (channel).
- Partner with complementary products that share the target audience to sell a bundled and cross-profit of our audiences.
- Take profit from the Notion hype. Join/promote in Notion communities, Facebook, discord and subreddits—outreach ambassadors to promote the product. Sell the templates in notion marketplaces, including the notion official.
- Gumroad affiliate program.
I hope it gives ideas!
https://startupbuilder.mba will include a notion template to build and validate your marketing ecosystem and GoToMarket plan. If you struggle with it, grab the lifetime plan before the price increases here ;)
AMA about GoToMarket (sales+marketing). Happy to help!