Day 100!!! of #The100DayProject: It's Over! 🎬
Today was day 3 of #the100DayProject to build a non-profit. I used it as an opportunity to bring some personality and colour to the project. Today I created or determined the following:
Thoughts on the branding exercise:
A lot of environmental and/or non-profits go with the colours green and/or blue, and create natural looking logos like bears or waves.
I chose more alarming/serious colours and designed a logo that was simple, with an optimistic visual metaphor whereby we literally 'hit the target at the end of 2030'...think about it ;-)
Font choices are sometimes harder than the logo and colours in my experience. I went for big, bold headings using Montserrat, which I'll use for anything H1 to H6. It's a bit of an overused heading font to be honest, but given my time constraints it's best to commit and move on. For the body text I chose a separate, highly-readable font: Esteban - I've not used it before but I quite like it for now.
All in all I'm happy with the outcome. Branding is never straightforward and naturally things will evolve over time, but as a starting point I think it captures the spirit of where I want the project to go. It's kind of within my comfort zone being a designer, lots of more challenging and interesting things ahead!
As always, I'd really love to hear feedback if you have any! I'm having to make decisions so fast on everything that I don't have time engage with friends/family /colleagues much whilst I go along - it feels quite unnatural compared to my day job where there's lots of group decision making/consensus forming.
There are some more images on today's instagram post showing the font and colour variations etc: