Enable your webcam to guard your posture with Zen🧘🏽♀️
Hi IH! We're Alex and Daniel and we're the co-founders of Zen.
Posture impacts the way we think, look, feel, and act. Unfortunately, most of us spend the majority of our workdays hunched over a computer, leading to back and joint pain, headaches, and even long-term heart disease.
How Zen Can Help:
- Zen mirrors your posture in real-time and will alert you when you've been slouching for an extended period of time with a visual and/or audio notification. The desktop app uses your camera to monitor your posture, without storing or recording any video.
- Zen reminds you to stand up and take walk breaks so that you reduce screen fatigue and increase blood flow.
- Zen offers quick personalized stretches for back and joint care.
Who's building Zen:
- Daniel went from playing football and doing splits at Yale University to working with terrible low back pain and carpal tunnel for over 8 hours a day from working hunched over his computer at Adobe.
- Alex has spent time in software engineering roles at Adobe, Intuit, and has spent the majority of his life coding at his computer with poor posture, leading to a number of health issues.
- We met each other a few years ago working in San Francisco and eventually came together to build Zen alongside top ergonomists and physical therapists.
How you can help:
- Check out Zen for yourself! Free for IH! We would love your feedback!
- Refer us to your Chief People/HR officer. Modern companies like Brex offer Zen to their employees as a benefit/perk so that they can save on their workers compensation spend, while boosting employee productivity, engagement, and appreciation.