I've reached a new goal! Make $1000 from a Side Project. 🥳
Took me ~2 months and 24 sales to reach this goal!
Here is a list of things I've learned building products for more than 1 year (Hope it can motivate and inspire you) :
- Find a problem, not an idea
- Don't spend too much money on your first side projects: you can even start with 0€, literally. Use Netlify or Glitch for example to host your product
- Pre-sale your project ASAP. If you make ~5 pre-orders: Motivation++ and you validate your project
- Go as fast as you can. 1 month is enough to test your project. Why? Because you'll get bored.
- Avoid distractions, use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/just-focus/gefaddaengbodpiobpbgblajdboalmgc on chrome/brave
- SELL YOUR F*CKING PROJECT. Stop giving full access for free, it's stupid! Even $1. Free users are annoying, they want more for free, and if someday you make a paid tier, they won't understand and you'll get bad feedback.
- Work on your personal brand ASAP
- Run your own race. Stop comparing yourself with experienced Makers. Learn from them.
- Ignore fake experts
- Ignore bad comments
- Learn something new every day
- Start small
- Use the tools/stack you know
- Surround yourself with productive and smart people
- Follow your instinct