ruttl has finally touched the mighty "1000 users" mark guys! But the most exciting part of this process was actually the rapid
testing->figuring what works-> scaling the marketing methods
Here are the major things that I did to acheieve this -
1. Google Ads Campaign
- Calculated max monthly budget beforehand to avoid any cash burning on ads.
- Ran ads in 4-5 different regions ONLY that are popular for design industry.
- Experimented with 2 types of adverts only.
- Kept changing keywords every 3 days to test effectiveness.
I want to thank the community because I got some great tips and suggestions to make my ads effective! 👐
2. SEO Optimization
- Researched and created a directory of keywords my competitors are using.
- Publishing blog regularly with focus on top 15-20 keywords that I feel would be highly relevant to ruttl.
- ruttl is already ranking on the first page for few keywords. I can see the numbers are growing consistently in search console.
- If you want to try a quick hack which I felt worked nicely for me, check out this post that I shared on indiehackers a while ago.
3. Community Outreach
- As always, community support has helped me ever since I have joined indiehackers.
- After someone pointed out a small issue in my approach with this community, I quickly realized the mistake and corrected myself.
- Now I keep sharing valuable posts that might help the community. This has helped me in creating a strong tribe of people who are loving ruttl's progress :)
- More than the numbers, the biggest thing that I have got through IH is feedback and new ideas that have directly impacted ruttl's product development!
4. Retargeting Waitlisted Users
- Although my waitlisted users did go inactive a while back, I shared this issue in a IH post and got some ideas.
- The best way I managed to reactive few of them was by sending them useful blogs published on ruttl for a while.
- After 2-3 engagements and ensuring they were warm leads, I then re sent follow up emails to invite them to sign up on ruttl.
- While the numbers aren't astronomically high, this definitely did help me get 20-30 sign ups.
Shoutout my entire ruttl team who have has made this achievement possible by constantly putting in dedicated efforts and work relentlessly to make ruttl into the best visual feedback tool!
Hope you guys found this post helpful!
Got your own story of scaling your product? Do share it in the comments with everyone, would love to hear and learn from them! 👇
Have a great day!
In case you are curious about the illustration at the top, my co-founder @siddhitaupare and our creative team specially made it to celebrate this 1000 user milestone on ruttl! So all artwork credits go to them!