3
4 Comments

How to stop hiding on Twitter

For years, I've been reading tweets but rarely posting online, staying in the comfy lurking zone.

Today I learned there's a rule stating that only 1% of the users of a website add content, while the other 99% of the participants only consume it.

So let's try an experiment 👇

Discussing with a friend, I realized I had value to share, after contributing to the launch of the largest startup campus in the world, working on growing a cybersecurity startup, or running Mailmeteor & other "Muses" businesses.

I never actively shared stories and added value for others in the makers' community, probably out of shyness or fear of rejection, or...whatever.

Hence, I decided to start tweeting every day.

(how original? isn't it 😬)

👉 From today onwards, I'll try to document as much as possible what it's like to be a full-time independent maker on Twitter: @cuireuncroco

Tweeting about creating bootstrapped automated businesses, but also growth hacks learned over the years & more mundane stuff (because there's more than work in life, that's the main thing behind being an indie maker, right?)

I'd love to interact with more people from the forum and lose this fear of posting stuff online. It's been 3 days but so far I think I still overthink each post too much!

See you tomorrow? 👋

PS: Today I shared 8 websites that are an incredible source of inspiration when building a SaaS, website or app: https://twitter.com/cuireuncroco/status/1382337363087654914

  1. 1

    I don't wanna discourage but I guess I'm in a bad mood.

    I wonder why you shared a list of sites where I can simply find them in google's first page for "saas inspiration". What are the chances of your ~200 followers might be interested in it at that point?

    If you care to grow on Twitter, my humble suggestion would be to share stuff that people should feel smarter when they read 'em.

    "out of shyness or fear of rejection," about that, just share. Haters only appear after you have fanboys.

    1. 1

      Thanks for the feedback!
      "Just share" seems a simple tip but it's not that easy for me (and for a lot of people I guess).
      Will keep trying ;-)

      1. 1

        If you decide to tweet every day, I don't see any another way than "just share". You'll share something anyway.

        Who on earth would have that much interesting stuff to tell, every single day?

        One suggestion would be to get inspired from your niche, alter a few words and bake it as a new tweet. Retweet your own stuff and I believe it'll get easier to just share.

        My $0 MRR SaaS doesn't need this "brilliant" advices. Apparently 2k people thinks the opposite.

        BTW I had questions before starting tweeting, I imagined a group of people gathered together waiting for me to tweet so they can roast, I'm still waiting for those guys. They didn't show up yet.

        1. 2

          Thank you @anilkilic for taking the time to share constructive feedback, it's super insightful man!

Trending on Indie Hackers
Noah Braggman sold his $400 MRR business for $27k to another indie hacker ❤️ 22 comments I bootstrapped Floify, a B2B Mortgage SaaS, to 3M users. AMA! 12 comments Looking for a technical cofounder or lead engineer for a Social Commerce x Food startup 4 comments Do 'forums' still work anymore? 3 comments What would you call this idea? 1 comment Want to try a publishing platform? 1 comment