I built LiveQ after buying a very small SaaS app.
I want to share the story and what I learned.
The app I bought is:
- zero revenue
- about 300 active users (signup was not required)
- growing 100% organically in 3 years
I thought this is a good product because it has organic growth and some famous companies use it(for free, though).
How I grow it:
- Built a new app
- Shut down the old app I bought
- Redirect to the new app
- The new app(LiveQ) has a signup system and a few more convenient features.
- I set the viral hook that is so-called "Powered By Marketing". We set the link on the footer "Powered by LiveQ".
- 3 months later, I created a few more features for the paid plan.
6 months later after I set a paid plan, it has generated $2,000 in revenue.
What I learned:
- Zero to revenue is very difficult
- So It is so good that you bought and shortcut to the revenue
- Viral works a bit
- Viral works a lot if your product experience is very good like Miro, Canva, or Figma ( that is the main focus that I am doing )