First of all I already thanked my Twitter followers (and thank you again)! 😄
Second let's get into it. I wanted to share what I've been doing to get me to this milestone. For someone who has just started really using Twitter going from 0 -> 30 followers has been an amazing feeling! I wanted to share the things I feel have made people want to follow me!
Honestly a lot of it is advice smart people here have already said, but I actually ended up putting into practice.
- Give what you want ( follow if you want to be followed )
- Don't just follow a bunch of people, as it isn't useful. Follow people that interest you, and you feel like you'd like to interact with them. Then? Actually interact with them!
- Be genuine (be yourself)
- In my experience it's never been fun trying to be or act like something you don't enjoy / aren't really. So be yourself. Everyone naturally attracts other people.
- Add value
- This one has been said a bunch, and I've always thought it was a bit abstract. "Add Value" ok in essence I get it, but practically what does that mean? Well to me it means try, and be helpful as possible. Is someone asking a question or asking for help? Answer it! Did you learn something that's been helpful to you? Share it!
- Focus on the process not the result (most important for me)
- Look getting followers is awesome, but in my opinion if it becomes your main goal then I think you've lost the plot of Twitter. Don't let getting followers become your goal, instead focus on the things and people you enjoy, and how you can be helpful 🤠
That's what worked for me! Hopefully some of it can be useful for you to!
Edit: Also, if you see posts like the below reply to them thoughtfully! It's a great way for people to figure out more about you, and your product!