Starting a new blog for your SaaS?
Here's how I'd get my first 10 blog MQLs:
Talk to 30 ideal customers.
- Take detailed notes
- Focus on what surfaces, unprompted (the unprompted part is SO important).
- Create 4-part content solution framework.
- For each part of the framework, I create 5 types of articles.
What are the 5 types of articles?
- How to solve your customer's problem (explain this part of the framework)
- How to solve roadblocks of their problem (what's their first roadblock to accomplishing what the article above teaches? Solve that)
- Useful templates to solve problems (What template or tool will help them do the above two articles?)
- Case studies (how X did Y - could be from existing customers and if you have no customers, write about other people that have done it)
- High level (interesting) roundup x (Big roundups of multiple people/companies that have done the thing you teach in this part of your framework)
4-part framework x 5 articles ea. = 20 articles
Personally, I make this into a G-sheet matrix with the framework on the left and types of articles on the top.
Month 1 - talk to ideal customers
Months 2-6 - Write 1 article / wk
If this post was helpful, you might love my weekly newsletter.
Also, I'd love to chat more about this in the comments below so let me know if you have ANY questions! I literally can't shut up about this stuff.
In fact, for whoever comments first, I'll create a matrix for your SaaS!