This sounds really simple, but... a good tip: set up social alerts for your products.
It's a simple tip, but one that can seriously help you in your marketing endeavors.
- Andrew Warner of Mixergy podcast have interviewed over 2,000 including hard-to-get guests. Here are his excellent tips to get guests in queue.
- Look for Motivated Moments: times when people are super-motivated to do interviews. Check new product launches on Product Hunt & go through Amazon's upcoming books section.
- Partner with another site, blogger, etc and do interviews for them...but make sure you agree that you can publish on your podcast too. Andrew did that with Mashable. He asked Seth Godin, Tim Ferriss & others let me interview them for Mashable and post it on my podcast feed too.
- In early days, focus your podcast at a small community & its members. Andrew did that with Hacker News when it started. He did interviews with HN members for HN members. You can replicate him by doing that for IndieHackers or Dev.to community or do that for specific FB groups, Slack groups, Discourse, etc
- Good guests know other good guests. Ask every single guest you interview to introduce you to others. If they did it, that's a lot of credibility with people they'll intro you to.
- Many people say 'no' to new interviewers because they don't believe they'll be around. So use http://followup.cc or set reminders to ask again after 2 months.
- Add a "suggest" interview link to your site. Many of our best guests have come from that link. Your audience wants to support you.
Product Hunt Launch Checklist is a comprehensive & actionable resource to prepare for the Product Hunt launch. It's packed with 12 planning checklists, tips, guides, resources, tools and community. Available for Airtable, Google Sheets, and Notion.
CloudLAN - Secure Cloud VPN software for remote teams. Access organization resources from anywhere, Cast services with Public & Team URLs, Share files without uploading by @s1threddy
VirtualPeer.co - Group coaching for your career and leadership development by @may_ireland
https://playgroup.community/ - modern community platform for the 21st century. Easy five-minute setup. Start your free 14-day trial today! by @yaroslawbagriy
Lynkfire - Your most deserved link-in-bio page. We all deserved better than just a single boring horizontal link by @mrpotatodip
FORUM.LAND - Generate a community forum where your users can post and comment on questions, feedback, etc by @yunl
Untrack - Protecting you from link tracking on Android by @sensen
Podse.io - Enhance your podcast workflow and SEO with this automated transcript and annotation product by @podse_io
My Million Dollar Domain Hobby
Why OnlyFans is growing faster than Gumroad, Substack, Patreon and Twitch
💌 Subscribe: https://www.indiehackers.com/series/marketer-crew
📚 Product Hunt Launch Checklist: https://phlaunchchecklist.com/
💰 Become a Sponsor: Check available time slot now →
🏷️Book a Classified Ad: Book now →