After I decided to switch my focus to building my audience via my YouTube channel, I’ve had considerable success there. I’m not even a month into refocusing there, but I’ve already had a substantial amount of subscribers vs my previous period. In the last 28 days, I’m up 86% rate over the previous period, at a total of +26 subscribers.
Sprint check in
- ✅ ProgrammingTIL YT: Post at least 6 videos. Create code for at least 6 videos. Record at least 6 videos. On track. Mid sprint and I’m halfway there. (3/3/3)
- ✅ ProgrammingTIL Site: Finish conversion of site. ---> DONE. Next up, migrate it from Sapper to SvelteKit and record the process for my Youtube channel.
- ❌ Send out email to my four Producer subscribers. Not on Track. Haven’t started.
- ❌ Add two data sources to LA. Not on track. Haven’t started.
- ❌ Watch / read 30x500 series x2. Not on track. Haven’t started.
- 3 New Videos uploaded
- 3 Videos Recorded
- 3 Videos Code created
- 2,098 total subscribers (+18)
- Last 28 days: 6,865 YT Views (+1,565)
- Last 28 days: 218.8 Hours Watch time (+58.3)
- Last 28 days: +26 subscribers (+19)
- Email list: 88 (+0)
- 24 registered users (+0)
- 1,545 - 1,830 unique visitors (-285)
- 91 Data Sources (+0)
- 23,486 total talks (+113)
- 12,216 total people (+65)
- 194,894 API requests (+44,307)
- 1 Frontend deployments (-1)
- 2 Backend deployments (-4)
- Despite the lack of progress in “other projects”, it’s still continually worth pursuing the YouTube channel. I’ll continue to build in public there, and as I build out my product, I can be building out my audience simultaneously.