This is the method I'm following for building my projects. This advice is only for people who code and want to launch as quickly as possible.
In order to build (in code), you just need to concentrate on frontend dev because backend is pretty much made a free service.
A step by step guide to make a website which I used for my own blog and as a indiehacker,
Start with the launch. Just buy a domain with $1. A custom domain establishes that we're committed with skin in the game. And it motivates and moves you to move ahead in building always reminding that we have a domain
Google search "domains for $1"
mostly you'll get .xyz, .store, .online domains just understand we're using this to establish we want to build something solid.
🚨Don't Do : Don't invest in a costly domain, it's not worth any investment. You can always buy it after launching your first website and learning. Risk Mitigation.
This is the only thing i'm biased towards, just learn react nothing else. I know I'm making bold claim but this is what I feel is the easiest and most rewarding skill.
If you want to develop apps, wait for it learn react and then learn react native
- Don't learn any other framework, definitely not Angular.
- For first timers, don't pick up App dev yet, it's bit harder.
- Don't go with vanilla js, css, html (max allocate 1 day to understand basics), as it's not as flexible and react is much easier btw.
Again just learn firebase, nothing else. It has many use cases, all the analytics is build. So everything in backend is already figured out just use it .And it's absolutely free. Don't reinvent the wheel. This is serverless architecture, FYI if you want to google.
Justification: Just learn firebase and use it since you save a lot of time since everything in backend is standard and there's lot of things like security, scaling, atomicity ...etc etc which are very important, already done by intelligent people so they made a service free for you so you don't have to do it yourself.
- Don't learn AWS, Google Cloud, Azure.
- Don't host your own backend anywhere.
- Don't try to scale your backend in your first project. Even if you're really convinced that you're Zuck.jr and you have facebook.jr, still don't you can always do it later.
Signup for Segment startup program - Link and YC startup school for free deals.
For both you need your own domain that's the reason for 1st point.
You would get lot of credits and lots of free deals in both. So don't waste money unnecessarily even if you have facebook.jr.
This is after you have done all 1 - 4 points
Use a design system like chakra-ui. Don't try to use tailwindCSS. It's still primitive and Chakra is exactly like tailwindCSS with all the pre-built components like toasts, popups, Flex, badges ..... a lot more.
- Use tailwindCSS you have build so much yourself .
- Definitely no plain CSS, SASS or any other high flexible and no pre-built components.
P.P.S: Thanks to @mait09 for asking a brilliant question.