After reading a recent discussion on the shift that's happening here at Indie Hackers, I decided to look at the data.
Three possible explanations:
- Fewer people are indie hacking.
- Fewer people are building in public.
- Fewer people are using Indie Hackers to build in public.
Imho the third explanation seems most likely, given the recent changes:
- An Invite code is requried to join
- Product updates and launches are no longer featured on the front page. Hence there is little incentive to build in public on Indie Hackers.