Week 3 and 4 ended up being a major change of pace. I took the time to pause on coding/marketing/etc for life. I read the book Essentialism twice. Had a few major discussion about it with the wife, and realized that:
- I don’t really have an audience, so building something big (like Producer) won’t be optimal until I do.
- I really want to spend most of my time teaching.
- The best way to do both 1+2 (and to build the right thing) is to get back to creating regular YouTube content myself-- so I did!
I’m going to continue to slowly build Producer, but I’ll be doing it as a part of my series to teach people how to code. Anything I end up bringing into Producer should ultimately be a video for others. I’ll also be adding data sources to ListenAddict as it slowly continues to climb up in Google search results.
Last 2x Sprints
- ❌ Send out email to my two Producer subscribers.
- ✅ Add two data sources to LA
- ✅ Watch Egghead series on Next.js + Stripe (I don’t use Next.js, but I think I could probably learn a thing or two about Stripe).
- ✅ Watch / read 30x500 series x2
- ❌ Implement a tweetbot for ListenAddict (yes, this isn’t code week, but I think doing automated marketing is what I need to grow it given I haven’t done any formal marketing on it).
- ✅ Ponder the universe, or at least think about what my best use of time would be for “non-code” weeks. -> This led to me reading essentialism!
🎥 ProgrammingTIL YouTube Stats
- 2 New Videos uploaded (+2)
- 8 Videos Recorded (+8)
- 13 Videos Code created; 5 waiting to be recorded (+13)
- 2,070 total subscribers
- Last 28 days: 4,300 YT Views
- Last 28 days: 87.9 Hours Watch time
- Last 28 days: +11 subscribers
🎧 ListenAddict Stats
- 22 registered users (+1)
- 1,329 unique visitors (+274)
- 91 Data Sources (+7)
- 23,095 total talks (+515)
- 12,050 total people (+278)
- 151,402 -> 107,143 API requests (+29,011)
- 1 Frontend deployments (+1)
- 3 Backend deployments (+3)
🎬 Producer Stats
- 2 Indie Hacker posts (+2)
- Building in a vacuum sucks. In order to expand my reach, I have to provide value for people. I’m going to do this by getting back to creating coding tutorials.
🏃 Next Sprint
- ProgrammingTIL YT: Post at least 6 videos. Create code for at least 5 videos. Record at least 8 videos.
- ProgrammingTIL Site:
- ListenAddict: Add four data sources
- Producer: Send out email to my four Producer subscribers.
- Other: Watch / read 30x500 series x2