Sharing my validation checklist for https://startupbuilder.mba in case it helps some of you with your validation process.
1. Validated audience / Market size
- Defined 4 segments, needs and calculated that the SOM is bigh enough for my goal.
- Defined priorities.
- Defined type of audience
2. Validated The Problem
- Coached +100 entrepreneurs
- Defined Jobs, Pains, Outcomes
- Angels, Incubators and industry experts confirmed the problem in interviews
3. Validated The Value proposition (after 1 repositioning in 2 days)
- Built it based on the researched Jobs, Pains and Outcomes
- 800$ of sales in <3 weeks WITHOUT product
- 90% of closing a deal with a University to buy the product for a monthly flat-fee rate for their studens
- 1 incubator outreached me to buy the product for their founders
4. Validated parts of the marketing ecosystem + GoToMarket
- Made $800 in direct sales via channels that I can easily reach
- Universities are interested in the product for their students (channel)
- Incubators are interested in the product for their founders (channel)
- Notion templates marketplaces (channel) published the product
- 2 digital product makers interested in selling a blundled product with startupbuilder.mba
5. Validated pricing
- Increased price to 49$ and I've got 6 customers (again, without a product). There are early-adopters willing to pay that price.
- More experiments will be needed until test the 98$ of desired price and 74$ of average sale.
- Audience is ready to buy (early-adopters so far) and have the budget.
I've done all of it in 2 weeks (not including the 100 research talks) following my own product https://startupbuilder.mba based in @notionHQ with an extended process, more resources, more checklists and databases to save my work and plan every step.
I'm still offering the early supporter lifetime deal at a discounted price. In case you're interested: https://startupbuilder.mba
AMA. Happy to help!