I am sure that you have learned many lessons.
Maybe you were approaching your projects with the wrong perspective. Maybe you were naive, as I was. Maybe you regret not starting before. Or you maybe you feel that you wasted your time.
If you'd have to start over again, what advice would you tell your younger self?
Leave a comment to share your learnings so we all can learn from you!
These are mine:
- Don't start with a SaaS or a community. Create something small and try to sell it, if you can't sell that, try with another small thing, if you can't sell it, try again.
- If you can't sell anything, spend your time learning about marketing, sales, copywriting, and practice than with the small products you created.
- Research if you can find a platform where you can create something around it. Like a Ghost Theme, WordPress Plugin. Don't try to create a big platform yourself.
- Don't spend 6 months creating anything.
- Write and publish articles more often, once per week if possible. You don't have to spend hours researching a topic. Just share your experience. If you are suffering or learning anything, other people can relate or learn from it. Write once. Share everywhere.
- Save more money before leaving your job, at least for a 3 year period. If you only have money for 6/12 months, that won't be enough, and you will try desperately to sell things in the wrong way.
- Find communities, learn how to use them, get to know people, engage, contribute. Don't ask for anything at the beginning.
Thanks for reading!