The launch of WeeklyDeals.dev brought in the necessary amount to hit the $1k milestone!
Sold 9 featured slots for a total of $800 and with the income from the Notion Document plus the affiliate, the total went up to 1k!
Also, the newsletter got a whopping 63% open-rate, which is amazing!
The next step will be to get the WeeklyDeals project to the next level by promoting and launching it to other sites, maybe a Product Hunt launch soon.
"Only" $99,000 left to complete this challenge. 😁
Since the launch of WeeklyDeals.dev I've managed to secure 6 paid slots for the first 3 weeks for the premium deals. This brings the total revenue for the #0to100k challenge to $720:
The next goal is to bring the project to a solid $1k+ revenue per month, with at most 2-3 hours of work per week. For this, I have to automate the process of adding new deals weekly and find new places to market the website.
Two weeks ago I embarked on a new challenge to go from $0 to $100k in revenue by building projects (the #indiehacker way). All of this while building in public live in front of my YouTube audience. Every day I was going live and showing the entire process (even this article was written during a live stream).
I started by creating and selling a Notion document with all the information gathered along the way regarding the challenge (recaps, resources, todos, progress, etc.).
This document sold 31 copies for $5 each for a total of $155 in revenue.
My expectation for this first so-called "product" wasn't high anyway, but it's a nice source of extra income.
After 2 failed attempts to build an actual first good project, I've started working on WeeklyDeals.Dev, which is a website where developers can find great deals on dev-related products (ebooks, courses, software, etc.). I'll update the site every week with new deals.
For the launch of the site on Monday (5th July) I created 2 premium slots for paid products and 3 slots for free products. I charged $50 for each premium slot + an affiliate deal, which got the total revenue for the challenge to the first nice milestone of $250. 🥳
The plan for the future is to continue to charge for the premium slots ($100 per slot for the next week) and eventually bring the revenue from this project to ~$1k a month, or maybe even more.
As this project is getting to a good enough state to make some money passively (more or less), I'm looking to work on the next project which should bring in more revenue. This project is still WIP.
Over the years I figured out that the way to get myself to do something is through challenges so I decided to create another interesting challenge in order to keep myself busy.