This have been two interesting weeks because I learned a lot of new things. As a Java/PHP backend developer I know Laravel, but it was hard for me to do all the crazy frontend/CSS stuff on my own. I am glad that it's almost working - also on mobile pages ;-)
The more interesting parts in this journey have been :
- I've developed a reusable CI/CD pipeline. The whole application is automatically deployed from GitHub to Uberspace (a German webspace provider) using GitHub actions. I've also already reused this pipeline in another project.
- To be able to add new articles in different languages, I've added a minimal "framework" to Laravel to support static pages. The framework itself can deal with translated slugs/URLs, so Google can pick up the content in English and German.