At this point, the Android app was complete and had around 5000 downloads and the IOS app was finished and had reached 2000 downloads very quickly.
This lead to a rapid expansion of the defibrillator database which I then released for public use on GitHub.
Quickly the app began to get downloads which was great news as I hadn't done any promotion.
This also allowed me to add hundreds of new defibrillators that were submitted to me through the users of the app.
At this point, I had also started development on the IOS version of the app.
Quickly I put together a basic application that fulfilled my criteria and continued to add more defibrillators to the hosted JSON database. Using a JSON for the database was simple and allowed me to have all the information I needed. Having this hosted also meant I could update the app's database without having to push an app update.
Soon after I published the app to the Google Play Store.
After a local runner came to me with concerns that there was no way of finding local defibrillators I thought that a simple app would be a great idea to fix that need.
I started planning and designing then did research on local defibrillators that could be added to the app to start with.