So after an initial buzz and a number of sign ups, we found users dropped off pretty quick.
We went back to the drawing board to evaluate the feedback we've had so far. From that we came up with several ideas for how to progress Luma and create something users would find value in using every day.
We've therefore got the outlines of Luma 2.0 (an internal-only name for the new version) and have begun a more comprehensive user research phase to validate the features.
We've even built a working high-fidelity prototype this time in order to get feedback on features users like, dislike, would/wouldn't find a use for, etc (we used Figma for creating the prototype, recommend it to anyone looking to do something similar).
The plus side is that we're now building up a good picture of what's actually worth the development time to build and what isn't - saving us a lot of time and effort in the long-run.