I have been uploading my text based notes to Github one day, not to lose them, then the idea struck!
Memo App is a plain note taking app, that syncs your sheets with your own Github gists. 🎈
- You can use it on browser, or download the desktop app.
- Use it offline save your changes, push these changes later when you are online.
- Get insights into every line; like write-good, image and link previews, conversions, calculations and more to come.
- Drop down your text files to import or export your files in markdown with one click!
- And it is open source!
What you shouldn't expect from Memo App? 🤷♂️
- It is plain, really plain, no different font sizes, no italic, not even bold. It is not designed to be a rich editor.
- Not targeted towards average user. You need to login with GitHub and you "push" your changes, or "pull" them like a version control system.
- It is still in beta, so be aware of data loss (even though you can see your revisions) and basic bugs that might irritate you!
I have been using Memo App myself for the last month, and it is a great way to collect your thoughts, ideas. Write down important things you would like to visit later.
If you have the time to check it out, please leave a feedback here on indiehackers or producthunt!