I hacked together a barebones MVP and added it to a bunch of websites that promote startups and side-projects in hopes of finding some initial users to beta test and gather feedback. I ended up creating a few model (fake) accounts, but actually got a few signups. Then a few days later, my betalist entry went live (https://betalist.com/startups/presbot) (I had no recollection of submitting it there..lol) and I ended up getting ~30 new users (great!). I immediately started noticing bugs and fixed them in a hurry. Then I realized, what's a community without social features (likes, connections etc).. and if my self-identified GitHub issues list wasn't long enough, I decided to to work on making Presbot social (at least the basics).