After a few weeks of working, I have the MVP ready. It's super simple but validates the technical side, which was a challenge for me.
The idea is the same:
- The merchant creates the QR Code.
- The merchant prints it.
- The customer scans it.
- The customer pay.
- The customer shows the OK screen to the merchant.
- The merchant delivers.
New decisions were made:
- For the tech stack: react + firebase hosting + firebase functions + stripe.
- Landing: I made a fancy/professional landing page inspired by Stripe.
- Pricing: I'll charge 3% + 0.3 per transaction. I'll carry with the Stripe fee, so transparent for the user.
- Currencies: oh my god, a stone in the shoes. There are many currencies available in Stripe. I should take advantage of it, but it affects many thinks. Fees, minimum/maximum product prices, UI, ... so I added a static currency-conversion table in the code, and now I can handle 100 currencies. That's awesome.