I've been working on RemoteNewbie as part of the #WomenMakeChallenge all of October.
October has been a really hard month for me. It started pretty great but then dipped to an all-time low after losing a family member. It put off my productivity for about a week before being able to get my mind back into the swing of things.
So, once I was ready with 1 week left to spare I started back up with finishing my platform, user flows, assets, analytics, etc.
What did I set up for RemoteNewbie? And how?
- Carrd.co, using Carrd to house my landing page
- Substack, to manage my weekly newsletter
- MailChimp, to handle my campaigns and lead page
- Google Analytics, to track visits, devices used, demographics which can inform any ads in the future
- Lead guide, I set up a free PDF guide to encourage folks to join my newsletter
- Netlify and Hugo to house my blog for RemoteNewbie
- FB Page and Group, to house updates + community interaction
Other learnings and takeaways:
- Make sure to set up tracking for visitors. Hopefully will be getting a ton of data and insight from this piece to help me understand the user base.
- Submit your sitemap to Google, Bing, etc.
- Create a good number of assets that you can grab when needed (logos, banners, covers, custom photos for social and blog posts)
- Focus on exposing a clear value proposition right away
- Share early to get feedback and iterate!