Paradigma Software is updating its entire product line to support changes in macOS 10.5 Catalina and the shift towards 64 bit development. Product specific changes, improvements and new features are listed under their respective sections.
- Valentina Release 9.5 drops 32-bit support for both the macOS and Linux operating systems. For Windows, Paradigma Software will continue to provide 32-bit archives for some time. On the Paradigma Software FTP site, for versions 9.5 and later, the mac_32 and lin_32 directories will not exist. You can still access older releases in the Previous Releases directory.
- All macOS installers are now in .pkg format and install into /Users/Shared/Paradigma Software. Older installers were 32 bit applications. Previous versions install into /Users/username/Paradigma Software.
Notes for macOS and Xojo development
- Change to SDK 10.9 in all our Xcode projects. This is the minimal version for notarization of your Mac apps.
- Removed all 32-bit archives for macOS for 10.15 or later
- All installers are .pkg for all products.
- VDB code improved to find vcomponents_x64 in App.app/Contents/Frameworks location.
- V4RB / XOJO code examples removed usage of FSRef and deprecated for Xojo 2019r2. V4RB / XOJO and all other ADK deployment scripts changed to install vcomponents_x64 into App.app/Contents/Frameworks/ location instead of App.app/Contents/.
Valentina Studio / Studio Pro
Valentina Studio is the free, all purpose database management and forms client tool. Valentina Studio Pro combines database management with diagramming, forms creation, reporting and database continuous integration.
- [New][Reports] Multi-Part Reports. Create, edit, preview, print and view in Valentina Studio Pro. Deploy to Valentina Server or Valentina Reports ADK.
- [New][Reports] Two Sided Reports. Create, edit, preview, print and view in Valentina Studio Pro. Deploy to Valentina Server or Valentina Reports ADK.
- [New][Examples] Cloud Examples of ValentinaDB and SQLite databases (Sakila)
- [New][Examples] Cloud Examples of Valentina Projects with Reports
- [Imp][Linux] Upgrade Qt from v5.5 to 5.13 for improved ICU library
- [Imp][SQLite] updated to 3.29
- [Imp] [Project Page] Copy Valentina Forms between two Projects
- [Fix][Sql Editor] Issue in auto-completion menu when you have a connection to a database server and none is selected
- [Fix][ Data Editor] Syntax error on sorting in the Data Editor with WHERE filter.
- [Fix][Diagram Editor] [macOS] Create a Link button on diagram on Retina screens.
- [Fix][SQLite] Altering a table with VIEWs