I build the initial MVP as a command-line version on the first day/night as I was just too excited to sleep. Once I saw the true potential in this I came up with the structure for a more user-friendly MVP and built it Full-time for the last 3 weeks. I wrote the frontend with Nuxt.js + Vuetify and the backend with Node.js + MongoDB since that's what I'm the most comfortable with. Since this project was born while learning python there are also some helper scripts in python. In hindsight, there were a few features I built that probably could've waited until later. But I'm excited to start talking to customers and other hackers to see what they think about the product so far!
While looking for my next hands-on python project to improve my AI knowledge I tried several Text-to-Speech API's. At first, I wanted to convert some meditation texts I collected from books to audio and was amazed by the quality of the available voices from these API's. Then another day I came around this other Indiehackers landing page and saw his product video only being available in french assuming his English wasn't good enough to produce a high-quality product video on his own. As I'm not a native English speaker either it really struck me and I thought about how to tackle this problem. So after doing some research I built a quick and hacky way to translate the first video to a different language from the command-line and so Vidtranslate was born!