Today RevenueCat reported that I officially broke $100 MRR!
I'm still trying to figure out the best approach to trials and subscriptions but this milestone feels really amazing. Especially considering the monthly subscription is only $0.99.
I've been talking with a lot of users and getting feedback for the next version. I'm also hoping to add some sort of referral program in the near future to help grow organically.
I've been linking directly to the App Store for all marketing announcements which doesn't convert very well. Also, Apple gives very little insight for referrals until you see a fair amount of volume. This weekend I decided it was finally time to create a real landing page.
I spent most of Friday wrestling with setting up tailwindcss but I think it was worth it. The framework enables so much to be done with so little custom CSS. The entire landing page uses two custom selectors!
To help other developers I also open sourced the code. This gets you set up with two small yarn scripts to build your app for development and production.
After a two year hiatus I resumed work on my iPhone app, X-Wing AI. The app creates a single player or co-op experience from a normally single player board game.
A few months ago the game was completely redesigned and a ton of the logic changed. People kept emailing about an update but I was nervous to dive back into such an old codebase.
So I did the absolute wrong thing and rewrote the entire app!
I ended up going with SwiftUI and zero backend. All of the data is stored on the device and there is no network activity (outside of analytics).
In the first week the app was downloaded almost 200 times and made over $200!
X-Wing AI turns a two-player board game, X-Wing, into a solo or cooperative experience.