I was struggling to restart my regular daily 10 sets of pull-ups habit.
So I thought, in 2020 I will do this every day, no matter what. I did it before for a long time so it should be doable.
Then I thought, well, if I miss a day but I make it up for it the next days (doing more pull-ups) then it's acceptable. But I want a way to track this. So here's the idea of x14: set a measurable goal for the year, split it into daily, weekly or monthly chunks, and track your progress.
It's a simple web app:
- create your goal,
- add progress when you make progress
- view your daily, weekly, monthly or yearly "progress bars"
- share your progress with your friends,
- view your friends' progress
Where am I at now, 22nd Dec?
- I picked the tech stack: Go on AppEngine flexible environment with Firebase auth and Firestore for data
- No, it's not a Firebase single-page app - I built some of these and I don't really like it. Besides, I want to build some features that will require some sort of back-end anyway (and for some reason I don't want to use Cloud Functions). Those features: auto-updates from things like FitBit, Strava, RSS feeds, IFTTT, etc.
- I have a working server with auth setup and some templating work (I feel like Go templates are lacking some basic features in terms of template inheritance... Maybe I'm doing it wrong?)
I'm hoping to launch a basic version before Christmas, and some fixes before new year's.