1
6 Comments

Mobile apps built using Docker ... Does it exist

I was thinking .. is there any attempt to develop mobile apps using micro services concepts for example using Docker like what is done in web apps?

  1. 3

    Hm.., microservices typically refer to the backend services. Many mobile apps uses multiple microservices (such as APIs) which often are built on docker. But if you are talking about the client that is actually running on the mobile phone, I am not sure I would call that micro services or use docker as the solution.

    1. 1

      I was thinking on client side ... it’s just a thought if building mobile app could/exists a solution to build it on the same concepts used on server side based on Docker

  2. 2

    But why? It just sounds like it will complicate things, that is the opposite of what you usually want.

    1. 1

      It is just thought ... in my initial thinking .. I was wondering if the mobile app programming modules could be defined as separate micro service and have standard way of communication in that way ... I could build an app like LEGO and could build a service around it

      1. 1

        That sounds more like some sort of plugin structure to me. Like build some sort of framework where it is easy to build plugins and then create plugins like "LEGO"-pieces, it won't be separate services but I think it would be easier to work with. Anyways, I don't think docker or actual microservices is the way to go, I'm also thinking you might have some of the terminology mixed up. Or I'm just missunderstanding completly wich wouldn't be supprising either :D

        1. 1

          I don't know for sure either :)
          I will keep searching
          Thanks a lot Jimmy