At Blinkloader we are working on the ultimate solution that people can use to resolve all their issues related to heavy images, JavaScript, and CSS bundles.
To understand what to improve in the first place, users could use a performance test. Maybe everything is great already.
Currently, there are three major performance tests on the market:
All of them have two significant problems:
Here is our attempt to fix it:
https://blinkloader.com/test
Let's make it more valuable. Please help with ideas, we know it's not ideal and can be improved. Thanks in advance!
Great approach!
The result page feels a bit crowded. Maybe you can change the size of items to emphasis the first most important aspects.
Explain FMP and TTI somewhere - or at least in the tooltip.
All the buttons on the right hand side catch my attention and are useless / distort my first impression. They dont help my intention "check my page speed compared to competitors". They distract a lot. You could clean it up - make everything bigger and maybe centered and put the share and sign-in forms on the bottom of the page after I have got the value. Main value is the result, second value is sharing it and saving time for the next query...
Hope that helps a bit.
Thanks, Patric! I will make it less crowded by following your advice.
I'm currently using Lighthouse to benchmark my websites. It's created by Google, so I'd be surprised if it wouldn't correlate with search results.
Yes, good point. We use Lighthouse as well.
Huh, this is a really interesting idea! I like it. I'd make the Page Speed and Position elements a bit more prominent. I'd also love to see it guess other similar keywords.
Even more helpful would be identifying common CMS platforms (eg. WordPress) and giving specific recommendations on how to fix on those platforms (affiliate links for other products?).
This is amazing. We are thinking in the same direction.