4
32 Comments

Will you pay $199/mo for an unlimited custom graphics service?

I am planning on launching an unlimited graphics design service similar to manypixels next week, your feedbacks are very important. My differentiation is we will be delivering a design per day and am planning to focus on marketing designs. Thanks!

  1. 19

    Anytime I read "unlimited" I immediately think "bad".

    Either in 1. it actually is limited and they don't know it yet / don't tell you except in the fine print.

    Or 2. it is unlimited, but the quality is terrible.

  2. 6

    May I ask you what do you mean by "unlimited"? May I order simultaneously graphic for 18 websites, 16 logos, 25 css sets in the hope you will be able to accomplish everything in one month? Or there are still some limits?
    Thanks!

  3. 5

    No, Manypixels isn't able to provide a good service at $259/month why would I expect you to provide a good service at $199? I haven't seen any of these unlimited services actual provide value.

    A design per day so I could order 30 designs per month? Or do you mean one design per day across all clients?

    1. 1

      The $199/mo is just a promo price , my normal price is $299/mo, which is mondays to saturdays we will deliver a design each day except sundays

  4. 3

    Due to everyone's bad experience with Manypixels, you have to pivot towards another model. Like 50 designs per month or something like that. You can't offer unlimited designs for just $299/month or it might actually be unlimited but the quality is horrible like what @davidwparker has said.

    1. 1

      Ok,thanks...if anyone have a good model..i love to implement what people say

  5. 2

    The unlimited space is really tricky. As a few other comments stated, it's one of those "too good to be true" things that make you think as a consumer what the incentive for the service is.

    1. 1

      Thanks for your feedback!

  6. 2

    I've used Draftss for 6 months at $349/month so, yes, I'd pay for it and continue to pay for it.

    For me, an unlimited art service is affordable, compared to 1000s/month if I was (1) paying per piece of art or (2) paying a part-time freelancer. Since it's a fixed cost, I can make a commitment and this also allows the service to get to know me and what I want which increases the speed and value of the service (but my price stays the same) as time goes on.

    It's a learning process, both for the customer and the service. For customers, it's not easy to generate a steady stream of well-defined tasks. It's a lot of work for me to decide what I want and describe it sufficiently so the artist can actually do it. Most customers don't realize that the first month is the worst: the art service knows nothing about you, nothing about what you consider "good art" to be and you do the worst job of defining tasks and explaining yourself. You get the least value in the first month.

    Frankly, if you are developing a website or app, you need to pay for art. It's a waste to ship a well-engineered product that fewer customers use because it looks bad. You don't need the headwind of looking unprofessional, looking unoriginal or flat out ugly.

    Current art services have a couple of problems for me.

    (1) Predictability: This is spelling out "the rules" for customers. When you say, "once per day", does that count weekends? It doesn't matter whether it does or not but, as a customer, I need to know. But it's more than that. It's finding out over time how many tasks it takes to go from concept to awesome art. In my current service, it can take up to 12 tasks to refine a concept down to excellent art.

    (2) Tracking: Most services have "current task tracking" but I've had to build "past task tracking" myself. I need to look at my 6 months of history and find out: (A) how much did a pay for each piece of art; (B) which tasks "worked the best" (got great art in a short amount of time) and try to create tasks like those; (C) when did I not get my money's worth and why?

    Message me; we can do a detailed Q&A about my experience which will be helpful to you.

    1. 1

      How do i reach or messge you.

      1. 1

        Oops, I didn’t have an email attached to my profile. It’s attached now. Post again if you still can’t contact me.

    2. 1

      Ok, Thanks for your feedback!

  7. 2

    Quantity before quality. I would never pay for it, because you can't offer unlimited high quality graphic design for 199$ per month ...

    1. 0

      the $199/mo will be my promo offer but my original price is $299/mo

  8. 1

    Well, your MVP website says 'there is a catch'... If I were you, i would rephrase it. Unlimited is unrealistic and everyone has heard bad things about those services. Just a silly comparison, 'unlimited streaming' on Netflix is obviously not true, as you can't stream more hours of content than hours in a month.

    You are offering, in the end, around 26 designs (TOPS) per month, for 299$. Why don't you advertise it like it? You could have different tiers, like 4 designs per month, etc.

    Coming back to your price, honestly, 10$ per design means you would spend less than half an hour on it. I won't expect any quality out of that. Plus you are willing to give the raw files, that is also not a common practice for such a low price.

    In your description you oscillate between 24/48 hour delivery. You should settle for one, don't ask sorry. Try to keep a consistent quality and time delivery. Offer 48 and over deliver in 24, that will gain you popularity.

    Anyways, I would prefer to pay 200/month and get 4 quality designs than the other way around.

    1. 1

      Ok, thanks for your feedback.

  9. 1

    Call it "on demand" instead of "unlimited"

    That's what we do for Scribble (on demand blog-writing subscription)

    1. 1

      How do I reach you, would love to discuss a new project I'm working on with you.

  10. 1

    Depends, where can we see the quality of the work that you're able to produce?

    1. 1

      i will reach you via email or are you ok if i post the mvp link here.

          1. 1

            Hey, I don't think you ever ended up emailing me - I'd still like to connect! :)

            1. 1

              Hey alex, i did but i got no reply. i would also like to connect with you.

  11. 1

    I would not because I know there is no such thing as unlimited custom

    1. 1

      Ok, thanks for commenting!

  12. 1

    This comment was deleted 8 years ago

  13. -1

    This comment was deleted 8 years ago

  14. 3

    This comment was deleted 7 years ago

    1. 2

      This is excellent advice. I'd use this service immediately and if the quality was good I'd be a regular customer.

      1. 1

        This comment was deleted 7 years ago

    2. 1

      Thanks! i love you!

      1. 2

        This comment was deleted 7 years ago

  15. 1

    This comment was deleted 4 years ago

  16. 6

    This comment was deleted 7 years ago

    1. 1

      Ok, thanks for your feedback!